Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Got 8773 update in uk but no firmware update!

adkent

Got 8773 update in uk but no firmware update!

Something wrong in UK, two updates but still old firmware?!

No internet sharing or flip working. Is the Nokia bit delayed for lumia 800?
Please use plain text.
keviny417

Re: Got 8773 update in uk but no firmware update!

[ Edited ]

Same. I got the 7.10.8112.7 update at first then the 7.10.8773.98 update. I'm in UK. Think it may be nokia's fault here.

EDIT: got the lumia firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Have updated two UK 059L7C2 Lumia 800 on different days and the three updates came through together, you may just have to wait 24 hours to get the third.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
adkent

Still no firmware update - unlocked Lumia 800 but 2 updates to the OS? PLEASE HELP!

However many times I try I get two OS updates but not the Nokia update to the firmware!!!

I have tweeted about this - I am in London. Will my phone ever get this?!

Please use plain text.
Clarkkent31

Re: Still no firmware update - unlocked Lumia 800 but 2 updates to the OS? PLEASE HELP!

I got the Nokia update but no new apps in the marketplace for enhancements.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Still no firmware update - unlocked Lumia 800 but 2 updates to the OS? PLEASE HELP!

[ Edited ]

Hi Clarkkent31,

Thanks for your post,

Please take a moment to read the forum guidelines before posting, especially this part;

1. Search before you post. If you are looking for an answer to a specific question, there’s a good chance that it has already been posted. First try a search using likely keywords. You can search from the whole forum (select "Community") or from within a certain area (select "Board").

If it looks like the question hasn’t been answered, please start a new topic! (Note that only Nokia personnel can start new topics in the Guidelines and News-sections.)

You can find the answer to your question in this post where you will find this link. When you follow the link you will be sent to a webpage where you will find this information;

*Camera Extras will be available from Marketplace during June and July 2012. To optimise performance of the Camera Extras application with the Nokia Lumia 610 certain features may be limited. Nokia City Lens will be available for Nokia Lumia 900, 800, and 710 during 2012.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
theaksk

Have updated two UK 059L7C2 Lumia 800 on different days and the three updates came through together, you may just have to wait 24 hours to get the third

aspergerguy.

Can you tell me if you forced this update or did you do it by the normal channels i.e.. You got the notification on your phone and up dated normally with Zune. I ask because I have a 800 with the same product code and I cannot get the update. I would have thought that if a particular code could be updated normally then all phones with that code would be up dateable. I may be wrong though.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

theaksk wrote:

aspergerguy.

Can you tell me if you forced this update or did you do it by the normal channels?

Both updated normally via Zune although took quite a time to complete and install the three updates. The example which I updated on the following day had been "reset" prior to disposal which may or may not have helped.

It is not as simple as just releasing update for product code, as ability to update is "throttled" both to cope with demand upon servers and to ensure update process is running smoothly (or not as the case may be)!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
talkgeek

Clearly this is proving to be quite an unsatisfactory process for most Lumia users

I to have been waiting several days now for the firmware part of the update process - Internet Sharing (tethering) being the feature I require (for months).

I got the 2 software updates early in the week - successfully installed with no issues.

no wonder both Microsoft and Nokia are losing market share - the products actually excellent, support and service not so :-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tranthe

Totally agree with you. The update process make many Lumia customers unhappy and complain so much. We can see many complaints about update process on forum. On behalf of customer's view, I love my Lumia phone but totally dislike the update process, especially the throttling control.
Please use plain text.