Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Great news for all current Lumia Windows Phone...

Counsellor
Amithsiji

Re: Great news for all current Lumia Windows Phone users!

I was not able to use any head phones other than the stock...Bluetooth device works....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

[ Edited ]

I have the same version and having no issues. Sound is great. Additionally, I can use other ear-plugs as well. Nokia's stock ear-phones aren't that great but my iball's earplugs and Nokia BT headset work really nice on my lumia 710 with 7.8. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nukesheart

Bluetooth headsets are fine, but wired ones sucks :smileysad:
Should I reset my phone? I haven't done that since the update last december. Waste of time reinstalling apps though and I dont know if that will fix the problem.
Since you have the same firmware i'll try it eventually..but not today im busy :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Sparks1

:sleeping: 

Getting bored waiting...

Maybe they shouldn't have announced this, and made it a nice surprise instead...having us wait for ages for an update that doesn't add much functionality...Seem to remember that Microsoft set up a website to get us to submit suggestions for the update...did any of those actually make it through? It all just pushed our expectations too high...

Plus no OS should allow mobile operators to customise it. Works terribly for Android, and it seems as though Windows Phone has the same issues (need to wait for operators to OK the update). Perhaps there's a bargaining issue that allows Apple to have complete control, while others have to make concessions in order to strike a deal...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

[ Edited ]

@nukesheart You can install most of your apps by signing in at windowsphone.com and viewing your purchase history. You'll have a reinstall button on the website itself. Saves a lot of time.

@sparks1 If they hadn't announced the update, they would have had some furious customers. They didn't want to enrage the customers who had recently bought a new windowsphone7 only to know that it's development was over.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

Please use plain text.
Sparks1

[ Edited ]

@cash710...true enough, but the people who would be most furious without an update are most likely those that  are getting frustrated by the length of time it's taking to get a simple update out the door...

Plus the whole thing with newly bought devices shipping with 7.8, and people able to update via Nokia Care Centers ahead of the general release...it just smacks of poor organization between MS and Nokia...

If they're both serious about taking on Apple and Android then they better make sure the same doesn't happen to their new WP8 customers.

Moderator's Notes: This post was edited. The unauthorized procedure mentioned was removed as it is not allowed to be discussed in the forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nukesheart

ok..i got home early today and i reset my phone again...to see if the volume got fixed and sounds loud again...

...but unfortunately...it doesn't. T_T
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

[ Edited ]
<p>Why don't you visit a nearby Nokia Care Point? My audio speaker's volume had become extremely low but they fixed it in an hour. That's how I got 7.8 as well. :smileytongue:</p>
Please use plain text.
Sparks1

I had no idea they had Nokia Care points in the UK...nice one!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Korkki

"Ringtone maker app to selected markets to create a personal ringtone"!

What are those SELECTED MARKETS???

Regards

Korkki
Please use plain text.
Advisor
galley8181

I'm still waiting for my update im still using 7.5 has eny one updated their phone on their pc or is it people taking it to Nokia care centres in stead I just hope it's very soon
petergalley
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobdonkey

Here is a list of the Nokia Care Points in the UK

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/care-point/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

Well, I cannot deny that my post was speculative considering Nokia Spain, Nokia Italy and Nokia Brazil's twitter/facebook posts are not to be taken as official Nokia statements but I still think that 7.8 is just around the corner. That is just my guess though based on some facts:
I conversed with three different app publishers one at a time and all of them had submitted updates for supporting 7.8 tiles. Not a co-incidence as well that all of them mentioned the update to reach users by the end of this week.
An updated bluetooth share app now requires 7.8 to get downloaded and is not available for download to 7.5 users which wasn't the case till yesterday. Nokia Contact Share app also got updated today and now supports Bluetooth for phones running 7.8. My guess is next week is the time we all have been waiting for.
I suggest not to get your phones flashed now and wait it out a little.

Just my opinion though.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nukesheart

Wp7.8 still not available in Nokia Centers here
:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

[ Edited ]

Don't mean to offend you but they very well fooled you. I mean, c'mon, why would MS announce 7.8 if they are giving out WP8. What about phones giving 7.8 out of the box? I am not gullible enough to believe that. For me, 7.8 is working nicely. Its better than 7.5 and far away from a fail.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Ok as expected, my post has been removed. Neverthelss it might have seen by everyone in their email client :smileyhappy:

So, this question is for every Nokia employee watching this forum.

I am a great follower for Nokia phone, always faught against those who says negative on Nokia. Even after all those problems that I faced after buying Lumia 800, I am still considering buying a lower WP8  for my wife and L920 for myself.

Now answer my concern, please. After updating WP 7.8 my speaker volume decreased. And the Nokia Care cannot fix as this is no HW issue!!!!! I spent Rs 30000 for the phone just one year ago...and this is what I get?????? Who and when is my problem going to fix??? ITs volume issue!!! I cannot listen to Music while I am in a croud like bustop and train...I cannot hear my phone ringing in the same situation. Please answer any thing other " We have sent your concernts to our Dev team"........ 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

to Cash710 then why they said that WP7.8 is fail as they receive lots of complaints on the volume issue....then why Nokia takes these many time to release it to Zune (Three months now)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Nokie Support is not monitoring here. Nokia Support Discussions is a user to user forum as the guidelines, which you should have read and ageed to understanding when you signed up, cleary state.

If you have an issue with Nokia go talk to Nokia Care.

From a personal perpective I think you should get your ears checked or get a proper set of headphones suited and matched to the low impendance output of the Lumia phones. I find the output of my Lumia 800 (which is on WP7.8 UK country variant) is way too loud to go anywhere past 15/30. But then again I have all my music properly optimised and encoded using a good quality MP3 encoder. And my music is maximized at 89dB. Due to regional legislation the firmware on your phone may include required restrictions on soundlevels as well. If so there is nothing Nokia can do but break the law (and they won't). If so a mismatched pair of headphone will only add to this.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Thanks Professor for the the 'Nice' advice...I am using Lumia since its launch in India, and when I said the volume decreased after the update to 7.8 you are asking me to check my ear and head phone???? Sir, I went to Nokia Care and they said they cant do anything as it is not a HW issue, then they said it is a the updates problem as they are recieving the same complaints....professor sir, check the entire forum the 10 page and tell me its my own problem.....When I restore my mobile to 7.5 from Nokia Care the old sound came back, and when they again put the 7.8  its gone?????? So is it a Head Phone issue or my ears issue???? Do I need to experiment this with Nokia;s Monstr Head Phone series with Rs 10000? Well Lumia 800 costs only Rs 13000 in local retailer :smileywink:

I have tried evrything a common customer/consumer can try, visit Nokia care (several time) restored couple of times, used other head phone, even connected to external speakers...now What I am supposed to do????? day by day I am losing my faith and confidence in Nokia, my NPS is now less than 6 for Nokia.....

Furthermore, I download all songs from Nokia Music, and I have all my MP3's in 320Kbps bitrate....I tried with both 320 and 192 (device quality). All same effect...and as Ringtone I am using Nokia's legacy tone.....

Please use plain text.