Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Great news for all current Lumia Windows Phone...

Contributor
QUINTIX

Re: Great news for all current Lumia Windows Phone users!

Lumia 900; AT&T in the U.S.; still no update;

I'd prefer not to go through "cable tricks" so I'll wait and post here when I get it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NS_lumia_710

no bluetooth share for L710 why?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shosh

Well I am not reading anything new. I have read it at several sites. What about the dates? I think everyone is curious about dates and not about what features will the update have
Please use plain text.
Sage
SvenJ

I gather a BlueTooth Share app shows up in the Nokia portion of the Store at some point. Haven't got my update(s) so can't confirm it exists, or what it provides, but that's what I read.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bk61

sleepywhispers wrote:
I don't think Vodafone have released the update yet so no point in trying the cable trick

I think the cable trick is to over-ride network restrictions. I'm on BT which uses Vodafone and I got the update using the cable trick.

BTW, in my original post when I said I counted to six, I litterally meant just that, not six seconds, it was probably more like three seconds. Don't think about seconds just count. if you get the message "cannot check for updates..." lengthen your count. If you get "Phone is up to date" shorten your count, and if necessary, continue to shorten your count by one each time until you get the "Update is available" message. It's trial and error but it's do-able if you persist.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bk61

Drof87 wrote:

Just on the final 8858 update now.

:thumbsup:

I couldn't switch off my wireless in less than 2 seconds so I pulled the phone line out of the router.

Then it fell down the back of the cabinet, but that's another story.

:whistling:

I think this little brain wave is a MUCH better idea for people on wireless connections as it gives instant disconection whereas waiting for software to disconnect can be unpredictable.

Another idea might be to switch off the wireless and temporarily connect by ethernet lead. This will be a bit quicker than waiting for the DSL to reconfigure each time the telephone line is replaced in the router. If you have to do it several times its gunna get very frustrating. Oh, and whichever cable you choose to use... watch out for the cabinets :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sleepywhispers

Vodafone haven't released it and don't know when it will be released so im a bit reluctant to bringing the update on prematurely In case there's something Vodafone add to the update
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

That's odd.. I'm on Lumia 800 on Vodafone and got this update a couple of days ago.

Now on FW 1750.0823.8858.12460

Don't quite know what I'm supposed to be looking for, but the tiles got bigger with the option to make them smaller!

:-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
galley8181

hear are the leased updates for uk phone carryers wich are all rolled out but its in the prossses of being rolled out to every carryer so hear are the new updates codes for all lumias United Kingdom
Product Description Latest version
Lumia 610 3 UK 1066.0000.8858.12470
Lumia 610 Country Variant 1066.0000.8858.12470
Lumia 610 O2 1066.0000.8858.12470
Lumia 610 O2/Tesco 1066.0000.8858.12470
Lumia 610 Orange 1066.0000.8779.12260
Lumia 610 Vodafone 1066.0000.8858.12470
Lumia 710 3 UK 1600.3015.8107.12070
Lumia 710 Country Variant 1600.3036.8853.12440
Lumia 710 O2 1600.3036.8853.12440
Lumia 710 Orange 1600.3036.8858.12460
Lumia 710 T-Mobile 1600.3036.8858.12460
Lumia 710 Vodafone 1600.3036.8858.12460
Lumia 710 Vodafone 1600.3036.8858.12460
Lumia 800 3 UK 1600.2487.8107.12070
Lumia 800 BT 1750.0823.8852.12430
Lumia 800 Country Variant 1750.0823.8852.12430
Lumia 800 CPW 1750.0823.8852.12430
Lumia 800 Everything Everywhere 1750.0823.8858.12460
Lumia 800 O2 1750.0823.8852.12430
Lumia 800 O2/Tesco 1750.0823.8852.12430
Lumia 800 Orange 1750.0823.8858.12460
Lumia 800 T-Mobile 1750.0823.8858.12460
Lumia 800 Vodafone 1750.0805.8773.12220
Lumia 900 Country Variant 2175.2905.8853.12440
Lumia 900 DKR 2175.2905.8853.12440
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 7.8
Availability in Africa
Availability in Asia Pacific
Availability in Europe
Availability in Latin America
Availability in Middle East
Availability in North America
Nokia N9
Nokia Asha, Belle and Symbian
petergalley
Please use plain text.
ChetanDedhia

Nokia Lumia 920 Vs Samsung Note 2

I am a huge phone of Nokia till they sold the Communicator range. From the day Nokia was launched in India, i have used only Nokia phones. Sadly, From E7 & N8 they started to loose the market share in the High end Smart Phone Range.

I shifted to Apple 4 for a few months and finally landed up with Samsung Note1 and I must admit, its a great phone aexcept the Battery Life.

In the last week i got back to Nokia with my latest purchase of Lumia 920. Its an excellent phone because of its simplicity and the user interface and am sure with Windows 8 they are definately back in the game.

I used the Note1 and i have to admit that Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is a wonderful software and Windows8 looses out on a lot of simple menu options, against the versatile Android. Android has given so many wonderful options in the Menus that it makes the life much easier for fast and day to day repeated work.

I am not sure if this chat will reach the lead designers of Nokia or Windows, but still, i would request them through this chat, to first study the great utility of Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich software under Samsung Note1 and go through the amazing small & helpful menu options offered.

To name a few:

• Saving contacts is far easier in Note1
  • Add certain frequently called nos as Favorite contacts,
  • Editing contacts is a multi screen process in 920 where as its just one screen in Note1
  • Ease of sending messages through Text, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter in the same menu option.
  • Adding all the copied text in Clipboard for later use. In 920 i had to retype the messages again and again, whereas in Note2 they were all saved in the Clipboard for later use.
  • Pressing the Search Logo for typing the name in contact is adding another step.

These are just a few clever points in The Note2 which are lacking badly in Lumia 920 and if they change fast, then i might stick to Lumia920 or else Nokia will loose another great and consistant fan.

Please use plain text.
Sage
roope70

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Vs Samsung Note 2

After fighting with corrupt Zune certificates and crypto files plus waiting for 4 upgrades to complete I now have bigger tiles.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daddygator

I have a Lumia 920 with so many bugs in windows 8 platform...like the constant bing search which opens up..whats app opens up automatically while opening other apps..also the hearing issues and the hilarious battery life...windows 8 phone feels very disappointing...i have been using it over a month now..and I am not impressd...anyone wants to buy this for 27000 only?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Vs Samsung Note 2

ChetanDedhia wrote:

• Saving contacts is far easier in Note1
  • Add certain frequently called nos as Favorite contacts,
  • Editing contacts is a multi screen process in 920 where as its just one screen in Note1
  • Ease of sending messages through Text, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter in the same menu option.
  • Adding all the copied text in Clipboard for later use. In 920 i had to retype the messages again and again, whereas in Note2 they were all saved in the Clipboard for later use.
  • Pressing the Search Logo for typing the name in contact is adding another step.

These are just a few clever points in The Note2 which are lacking badly in Lumia 920 and if they change fast, then i might stick to Lumia920 or else Nokia will loose another great and consistant fan.

None of these things are hard or require much screens in Windows Phone. When you type a text you can always copy the text to he clipboard and save it in OneNote or some other tools.

I have my most used contacts in a group pinned to the start screen for easy access. This also keeps me informed on what my regular contacts are doing on FB/Twitter as well. 

While WhatsApp is a separate app right now (eventhough WP8 offers a very easy way for developers to integrate into the core OS). All the other text/message options use the same interface, you can very easily choose or switch which to use.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
saleemkhan_20

hey m not getting notification from windows or from my phone to update my operating system. my update notification checkbox is on, i use wifi 24 hours.i connected my phone to my pc through zune s/w and checkd there. still no use its showing my phone is up to date. please help me in updating my phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sleepywhispers

I couldn't wait on Vodafone releasing the update any longer so did the cable trick and I now have the update
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Flipflopflip

Hei!

Wanted to know when will the newest update be avelable in Estonia?

Please use plain text.
Urpon

When or where I can get updated to my 7.5 Lumia? 

- Zune or Phone haven't addressed that there would be update available but internet says that interesting features should be available.

Details:

Lumia 710, Finland.

It says in support pages that for Finland (and for Estonia), there is newer update available than I have in my phone.

Firmware version number in my phone: 1600.3031.8773.12121

Links to mentioned pages:

Availibility in Europe

Support pages for Lumia 710 (Finnish)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nelsonnair

I'm from Navi Mumbai, MH, India. My Lumia 710 doesn't show any update notification either. How long is it gonna take now? This is early 2013 you know?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jomarchan

Getting a bit fed up myself. I am in England, on the 3uk network and still waiting for update for my trusty 800
Please use plain text.
MrFloppy

Still no update on unbranded Lumia 800 :-( Two weeks before the phone showed "Update available" But half day later nothing either on Zune or on the phone :crying:

Please use plain text.