Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Heads up on Lumia 800 update (1600.2487.8107.1...

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee
Accepted Solution

Heads up on Lumia 800 update (1600.2487.8107.12070)

Hi all,

here’s a quick heads up on the latest Lumia 800 software update (and you can also check the Nokia Conversations story for more details).

The new software update for Nokia Lumia 800 (software version 1600.2487.8107.12070) brings significant improvements in battery performance, especially in 3G talk time as well as in predictive usage time, standby time, WiFi browsing time and music playback time. Lumia 800 is now among the top performers in battery performance for its size.

Additionally the update includes the following enhancements to the Nokia Lumia experience:

• Improved bass in audio performance
  • The back, start, and search keys are lit according to screen brightness settings
  • Fix to prevent rebooting in certain network conditions
  • Fix for call hang up issues in certain markets

We have just released the updates to Belgium, Portugal & some other countries and will continue to add more markets in a phased roll-out on 4th, 11th and 18th April. To make things a bit easier for you, we have created a special webpage where you can check if the update is available for your country or your operator.

If you don’t see your country or operator listed as available right now, you may feel like you’ve been passed over, but there is a reason for this. Due to the urgent need to get this update out to you, we were able to bring the schedule forward, but not for all variants at the same time. And since the new software needs to go through the mandatory testing and approval from each and every operator, the variant for your network will be slotted into a batch as soon as it’s ready.

Best regards,

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joaocardoso

Re: Heads up on Lumia 800 update (1600.2487.8107.12070)

[ Edited ]

I'm in Portugal and I got the update today for Lumia 800.

I have an unbranded black Lumia 800.

I've noticed that before the update I had almost 1500mAh and now it reports 1334mAh maximum capacity. Is this normal?!?!

I did noticed that with the 3G and WIFI turned off the device consumes about 80mA with peaks of 150mAh and with 3G on it goes for 180-230mA with peaks of about 280mA when before it was allways above 200mA and at times well over 350mA.Some times even with 3G on I can see go as low ad below 100mA.

Still i'm concerned with the lost of about 200mAh capacity. Does not seem normal to me specially when the official capacity is 1450mAh on the specs.

Edit: I meant aout 100mAh loss of capacity over the official maximum capacity (1450mAh). I have the phone for about 3 months now.

By the way, I got these figures from the Diagnostics tool before and after the update.

Cheers

Joao Cardoso

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Product code (model) is on your SIM tray.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

Thanks found it.. 

what a stupid place to put it..

Box or on about screen would be better.. but hey this is nokia, do nothing logically.

PS. reading the FAQ on update, there seems to be more issues added than sorted :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Mine is a CV UK SW variant ID222 v.02 and the code is 059L7C2, BTW.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

Hi Yvonne, thanks for the heads up !.

one question: I'm from Chile and for my product code says "awaiting approval" . it's a "country variant"  (but sold by Entel) . Who perform the actual review of the update? Maybe the product code is shared by all the operators in the country so maybe we never get the update :smileysad:

product code: 059N354

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joaocardoso

Now after a full charge the maximum capacity is 1307mAh. Well.. lets see hot it behaves during the next few days.

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

hi rvergarad,

as Yvonne was stating, we brought the update schedule forward but due to time restrictions, not for all variants at the same time since testing and approvals need to performed.

Next week we will have a bigger batch available! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The way you've started the thread it sounded like the update started 28 March, I suppose it is just another wave of the update that started on the 7 March which you announced here?

Please use plain text.
JoshT

Thanks for letting us get the update ASAP. It's annoying that the carriers want to test everything, but at least it won't take too long. I'm glad I'll be able to get it before I go on holiday in a couple of weeks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

Hi Yvonne thank you for your update! This list is really handy. It would be good if the link was in a prominent place on the main Lumia support page.

It says that is has been approved for my device but no updates when I check via Mac Windows Phone 7 Connector. Guess I'll need to keep checking back!

Please use plain text.
Professor

Seriously what's the deal with these lumia's. Updated yesterday and after a day of work I'm on 56%. I did some email checking (3 accounts), bit of browsing. 3g data was on all day though but i still expect better than this.

When I got o diagnostics the discharge rate is up over 200 which after about 5 seconds it goes back down to 60-70. When I turned data off and went back to diagnostics it was over 400.

Possible I have one with a defective battery (again, lumia no. 4 now).

25-30 hours though as claimed by the writer of the conversations post....please......pull the other one

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

Just received update and have to say I wish I never bothered.

Back when I got my phone in December the phone would last well more than 24 hours no problem. (sort of standard for most smart phones. At this point the diagnostics menu claimed 1500mAh, the phone would run at around 200mA and I never really noticed any issues.

After an update in January this time reduced to around 20-24 hours (still useable but a bit annoying), the app would say 1334mAh and the phone would run at around 300mA. The battery was more noticable as it would need to be plugged in a lot more often. I knew an update was on it's way soon and so I patiently awaited the update to get my old battery back.

Now after the update yesterday, the phone won't even last 10 hours on a full charge, the app doesn't tell me the capacity of the battery anymore but it is now running at 450mA which is crazy. My phone is practically useless now, it barely gets me through a day of work, I'll need to start carrying my USB cable everywhere I go now.

Also I noticed now when I put maximum speed to E network, there is no service at all, I don't think this was an issue before but I can't be sure, seems strange though as I can either have 3G or no connection. If 3G is the cause of the battery issue then I don't have a choice to reduce it without disabling my phone completly.

This is unbelievable, each successive update seems to break the phone more. I now understand what everyone was talking about before.

Is there any way to roll back updates? Guess I'll need to reset.

My phone is Lumia 800 H3G 059L8M3 by the way.

I imagine by the lengthy time process that another update will be months away, so I guess this phone will need to go back. Shame because I loved the phone before and never had any problems, the sound level was fine and the battery was fine. Now through no fault of my own the battery is reduced to less than half of what it was capable of.

If you currently don't have issues then I would recommend not updating as it will only make you regret it, the update doesn't seem to give any benefit to me whatsoever, it has only made things worse. I have defended this phone for a while, but I seriously can't use this like this for the next several months going through that ridiculous update process all over again.

Sorry about the rant but I have to say that Nokia has really messed up here. This is the third such update in 4 months and they still don't have it right.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadicoool

You always have the option to restore to your older version via zune.
However, i really find this strange. My 800 now runs at ~ 80mAh with wifi n 3G off. before the update, it used to be at around 160 mark. Even abusive usage (wifi n bluetooth all time on) with 3G n navigation in between n lots of texts plus a couple of hrs of talktime gets me through24 hrs. N under normal usage, 'm able to get 2days+
Hope to nokia fixes your issue coz you too acknowledge that the phone is good.
Come on nokia... Customer care is a very important factor if you want to have a sizeable pie in the smartphone market...
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

[ Edited ]

I tried restoring the phone but it still had the update.

I also tried restore to factory settings but it still says it is version 1600.2487.8107.12070

Is there any way to fully wipe the phone??

Doesn't matter now because it worked.

I was a bit premature with my rant, I take it all back. (can't edit post now)

If anyone is having battery issues after this update I fully recommend restoring to factory settings.

The Diagnostics app now says 60-80mA with 3G on, it fluctuates around but this looks good.

My phone has 37% power and estimates around 14hours remaining, meaning potential 36 hour battery life.

I will need to do a full 100% charge to make sure but it looks good so far.

So again if you have problems wipe the phone, it's annoying to lose game saves and call/message history but worth it for battery life.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ekw88

Hi, I just upgraded to the new firmware and would like to report an issue.

When a call comes in while playing music, it plays it at max volume for a second or two then normalizes to the currently set volume strength.

It scares me a few times lol.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

The website has listed by device as having the update available for over a week now but I'm still unable to download it - Every time I check it says it is up to date? My phones code is M59M539

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maijay

My Lumia 800 code is 059M062 which according to the update list is for Finland rather than UK

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xumix

After this update I have an issue: my sound volume pops to THE MAX when incoming call. After 1-2 secs it goes to the previous volume. This is reproduced particularly when volume is set to some low value: 1,2,5 etc
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

[ Edited ]

I recently updated my phone. (I'm in Chile)

Pros:

better bass sound.

Cons:

The ringtone bug when set under level 14.

I'll check battery life .

saludos :smileywink:

Please use plain text.