Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Heads up on Lumia 800 update (1600.2487.8107.1...

Advisor
rvergarad

Re: Heads up on Lumia 800 update (1600.2487.8107.12070)

[ Edited ]

now my battery life is WORST!

9% of battery use in less than an hour sitting around doing nothing! ( without the update will use like 3% or less per hour) bad update... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

now I think this is weird:

Just saw battery status, 91% . then turned off phone, and reboot. now shows 97%.

a while later phone shows 96% then installed diagnostics app, shows 97% and discharging between 68-81 ma. (not bad). but how the battery is 97% again. LOL self recharges?

Do I need to hard reset the phone? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@rvergarad

Hi,

Try to do a hard reset on your device and give this a go.

If after the update you still experience erratic battery performance then I would recommend you visit your local Nokia care point.

You can check this from the following link:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/

Let me know how you get on

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Huug

I'm not happy with this update. Since a previous update my battery status icon shows a question mark and battery usage is very irregular, while the diagnostics program doesn't show any value in the battery status screens. I understood that this update would solve these problems. It does not. I'm tired of waiting for an update that will solve all these problems. With every update, promises are made that it will be the "magic" update and everytime there is disappointment.

Please use plain text.
Huug

[ Edited ]

Oh, great. Not only aren't the problems I had solved, my telephone now has a new issue. It's turning itself off all the time (every hour or so) for no apparent reason. Turn it on again, look in the battery saving settings and it says 91% remaining battery (1 day, 14 hours). So why is it turning itself off? I'm getting really tired with this phone.

By the way, I've got the 059L9S2 model (Lumia 800 Cyan).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Metfan

I noticed my phone having issues as well now. I first noticed it about two weeks ago, my phones estimated battery life went from a 100% full charge with an estimated 1 day and 15 hours down to just 24 then 20 hours estimated remaning time with a 100 % charge.

Last night I did a hard reset and charge it full, got back the 100 % estimated with 1 day 15 hours back, ten minutes later my phone was down to 91%, literally ten minutes later. So I plugged it back in, got it back to 100% then I turned it off for overnight.

This morning I turned it back on, and it was at 71%. How in the world does a phone lose 30 percent charge when the phone is turned off??

I'm not sure I can take it to a Nokia care center. I have a europeon unlocked model and using it in the U.S.

Any ideas on what my issue is?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
millertime_1985

[ Edited ]

well i have managed to finally get my Lumia 800 updated over the last 2 weeks after no end of problems with getting zune software working on my PC, then the lumia not being detected... and after absolutly appalling customer support from nokia, and similarly appalling support from several of the people i was in contact with at microsoft zune/windows phone support...

i had to resort to updating my phone on my brother macbook...

now, before this most recent update my average battery life after a full charge was 23 hours... that was with no apps running in the background, wifi on, 3G data connectivity switched on (but not in use) and hourly downloads/updates of email.

after the update im lucky if i am getting 17 - 20 hours... and thats with the wifi off, screen brightness at low, no background apps running, 3G date conectivity switched off, and email being set to allow updates only when manually requested.

even before turning X, Y and Z feature off... my phone was 90% of the time sat on stand-by, with 5 bar network coverage.

as it stands, im tied to a 24 month contract, with a phone that after 2 (or is now 3) updates is still not meeting reasonable expectation of battery life....

so can someone please tell me when this problem is going to be sorted, and why its taken one of the largest and best known phone manufacturers in the world so long to deliver the product/experience that is "as advertised"

Please use plain text.
rajkrssna

Hi ,

My nokia lumia 800 is having the latest update and the battery is work in this. i Need to charge it every single day.. its disharging so fast. i have cheked any prgrames running on the background but i cant find any still the battery performance is poor.

The diagonstic tool which i have is having some issue with the battery . its not showing the exact values and some of the parameters are missing. I been to nokia care and they told me to send the device to delhi, since i am in chennai will get back the device only after 10 days. the problem is the micro sim card since i dont have any other phone which supports micro sim.

I want the valuable suggestion. please help me.

regards,

Krishnaraj

Please use plain text.
I_want_iPhone

I got my Lumia 800 yesterday. Made a total of two phone calls, fumbled around with settings. Charged it overnight (at least I though I did and the icon showed full charge in the morning). Today the battery died in 8 hrs, no music, one map download probably over WiFi but not 100% sure, synched contacts and e-mails. (Side note: How can I even tell if it is using WiFi? iPhone/iPad shows this nicely).

Then I tried to charge it. Nothing happens. After some googling I learn about this battery issue. And I learn about the firmware update.

No thanks to Nokia, fellow netizens in various discussion groups adviced to connect it to a PC and - ta dah - the phone starts up again. What was a useless brick a moment ago works as a phone again (albeit not mobile any longer). Now I am able to check the firmware version...

...and surprise, IT IS ALREADY THE LATEST FIRMWARE, 12070 !!!

What is wrong with this phone???? I am now charging it as we speak using my PC. Once it is full, do you think it will charge again using the normal charger? Or is the charger now turned to waste?

Please use plain text.
Huug

Since the new update 1600.2487.8107.12070 is completely useless to me (my Lumia is turning itself off within 15 minutes after turning it on or disconnecting it from the charger) I was forced to return to the previous update 1600.2483.8106.11500. To my surprise the battery lifetime is much better now. I used to have a battery lifetime of 24 hours max, but now it can last for two to three days before I have to recharge, depending of my use. It seems that something got triggered or calibrated by updating to the newest update and returning to the previous one.

Unfortunately, I still have the question mark in my battery icon. It is somewhat of a disgrace that there doesn't seem to be an update available for my Lumia 800 Cyan (model 059L9S2) that is completely stable and error free. It is even more of a disgrace that there is not even one reaction from Nokia about this problem.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Huug,

Thanks for posting!

May I suggest you update your Lumia to the latest firmware version and after this perform a system reset. This will allow the firmware to re-calibrate the battery capacity over a few charge cycles and should improve your battery performance overall.

First make sure contacts and calendars are synced with their respective sources and you have synced all your media files with Zune. After you update the phone firmware perform a system reset through Settings>About>reset your phone and when restarting sync contacts and calendars back followed by a sync of mediafiles through Zune. Lastly you can use the app Reinstaller to get all your previously downloaded apps back to the phone.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
maccamoo

at least from this forum i feel i am not the only person having these problems...

i upgraded a month ago and got the enhanced battery for 3-4 days, then it defaulted back to 14 hours, if that.

bit the bullet and did a hard reset on sunday night, spent the time reloading all my apps and settings and did have life of "1 day 19 hours" for a couple of days. took it off the charger this morning to see "14 hours" and after popping out to the school run had used 11% despite doing nothing at all on it!

i dont understand why the difference in performance is so great and happens randomly and i certainly havent the time or inclination to keep resetting the phone to get basic lifespan. i dont expect 3 days battery, but i did expect to get 8am-8pm with limited/reasonable use.

crazy to say but am now considering buying a PAYG sim to put in my old E71 and carry that when on business for emergency calls!!!!
Please use plain text.
Huug

[ Edited ]

Hi Kosh,

Thank you for your kind reply.

After I updated my Lumia 800 to the latest firmware version and started to have the problem of my phone turning itself off all the time, I did indeed do the system reset you describe. Unfortunately that didn't solve anything. After that I was forced to return to the previous version, because with the newest firmware my Lumia is basically useless.

I have to add that after returning to the previous firmware and noticing the improved battery lifetime, I did try the newest update again in the hope that something got recalibrated and my Lumia wouldn't shut itself down anymore. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, so I returned to the previous version again.

I have to say that at this moment I am quit happy with my Lumia. Battery lifetime hasn't been this good since I bought it somewhere in december. My Lumia was fine with the firmware that was installed then, so it is a pity that with every new release I seem to get more and more problems. To be complete an overview of the problems:

1. Firmware version unknown: When I bought my Lumia, I didn't have any problems. No question mark in the battery icon and a good, consistent battery lifetime of about two days.

2. Firmware version unknow: If I remember correctly I updated my Lumia for the first time somewhere in january. After that update I got a question mark in the battery icon. However, it still had a good and consistent battery lifetime of about two days.

3. Firmware version 1600.2483.8106.11500: Still had the question mark in the battery icon, but now battery lifetime was worse and inconsistent. Lucky if it lasted 24 hours and only if I put the phone in airplane mode during the night, most of the times it was less than 12 hours while not using it much.

4. Firmware version 1600.2487.8107.12070: Still the question mark in the battery icon, battery lifetime unknown since the phone shuts itself down within 15 minutes after turning it on or disconnecting it from the charger.

5. Back to firmware 1600.2483.8106.11500: Still the question mark in the battery icon, but a good and consistent battery lifetime of two days or more.

I hope this information is of use. Anyway, the only thing I can do now is patiently wait for the next release and hope that that will solve anything. Or stay on this release. Thanks for your time, though.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

update:

After several charge cycles with the last firmware (and without reset) my battery information shows:

battery left: 79%

last charge: 9 hours ago  (last night, airplane mode for 6 hours, 3 hours in 2G)

estimate left: 1 day and 1 hour.

a big improvement. with the previous firmware the phone never,NEVER!! show more than 15 hours.

The bad:

the sound bug and the freeze while listening music bug. happened to me 3 times while listening music and doing something else.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MobileJos

It's not all that bad. Upgraded to 12070 a while ago. Battery life is fine now.

When I look at it now:

- remaining 64%

- estimated capacity left: 1 day and 3 hours

- time since last charge: 19 hours

Not bad at all. Listened to music a couple of hours. Conference call of  1 hr. some shorter phone calls. WiFi swiched on all the time 3G swiched off (still a habit out of times before the upgrade).

The only thing bothering me is the full volume 2 seconds of incoming calls whilst listening to music. That knocks me off my chair every now and then.

JosM

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

my phone froze again, scrolling a webpage while listening some music. Battery was around 40% and when I rebooted, it shows 20%. 20% battery in just a few seconds?.. that's not a freeze, the phone it's cooking itself!.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MobileJos

Just got the 12072 update coming in. It solved the volume bug. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
LisaAnastasia

First time on the forum I love my lumia 800 except I was a bit disappointed with the camera so eagerly awaiting the software update in Australia does anyone know when that will be?
Please use plain text.
MikhailP

Hi,

After update (1600.2487.8107.1207) battery life on my lumia 800 is 24 hours or less. Before I was able to use my phone from the morning of first day till the evening of the second day (~36h). I hope nokia will resolve this issue soon.

Please use plain text.