Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Help - Facebook Chat shows "No one's online"

Registered Member
pankajb64

Help - Facebook Chat shows "No one's online"

Hi all,

I just got a Nokia Lumia 710, but I am having problems using Facebook Chat in it ( The one integrated with messaging).

I have setup windows live and facebook to connect with each other and also imported contacts from facebook into windows messenger.

I have turned facebook chat on, synchronised both windows live and facebook accounts on my Lumia, but still when I go to online option in "messaging" it says "No one's online" even when there are actually friends online.

It does not show a 500 error or something else, it just says no one's online and doesnt update at all.

The consequence of the above is that I cant send chat messages from my phone to facebook chat. Very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pankaj.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi pankajb64, 

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

We have done a test here to find a fix for this. Here is the workaround: 

• Go to messaging > Online > Settings > Facebook chat > Off . Go back to Online then Settings > Facebook chat > On and go to Online. Your online friends should now be displayed. 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
patte

Hi!
I have a Nokia Lumia 800 and I have the exact same problem. I have also done everything that the first post has done.

But switching the facebook setting on and off doesn't help me.

I'm on a wifi connection so that shouldn't be a problem either. 

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GoanGeek

You have to make your self Available if you want to see others online....

Messaging > Online > Status (The Man symbol next to the + sign) > Click AVAILABLE

You should be able to see your online friends now

ENJOY YOUR WP7!!!
Please use plain text.
patte

If only. 

But I have done that too. Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamanta

Hi!
I have a Nokia Lumia 710 and I have the exact same problem. I have also done everything that too..

Please use plain text.
melissa333

Hi 

I just bought the nokia lumia 710 today aswell and im trying to connect to facebook chat and nothing is working for me either tried all of the above !!

HELP !!!! --- dont want to have to take it back as the features i want wont work !!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GoanGeek

You could try going to Facebook app settings on the web and see if it has authorized wp7 for connections
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chettykulkarni

Sir even I am using lumia 710 and exactly same problem
I also tried above stuffs ....it didn't help me!!!!please provide more info on this !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mallikarjun8677

I just tried it it shows ,"no one is online" even my friends are online
Sir please help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
songohan

I have lumia 800 and same problem. There is no solution!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please check whether you actually have facebook chat enable in Messaging>...>Settings>Facebook chat 'ON'

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Meglew07

Re: Help - Facebook App won't allow log in! Help

Hi got lumia 710 phone yesterday (1/9/12) however the Facebook app doesn t work please help!

it says the "login fail try again later" been trying since yesterday. Please help rang O2 they said its the phone not the net work as Internet is fine. It's driving me mad! Any help would be great! 

Please use plain text.
raj_lumia710

facebook chat problem with lumia 710

I bought lumia 710 couple of months back
I cannot connect to my face chat even though the chat is on and tried resolving it by reaching the Nokia customer care service
The is still unsolved
In accounts and settings
It shows attention required on the Facebook
When I tap on it it trys to connect later it shows some error message
Please reply me asap
Please use plain text.
terrence87

hi guys, 

i dont know if you have already got your problem solved, i had the exact same problem as yours and after series of trial and error with some helps from other forum i found a solution.. 

first of all you should try to do sync first, go to people hub, and then setting.. go to the account, and hold on your live account, and 'sync" should appear as option and tap on it. and you should be able to see the facebook account below your live account, if there is attention required, then you should proceed to log onto your facebook account again, otherwise just go back to the tiles. and go back to messeging. and try to look at the online friends agian.. they should appear back online.. 

if not.. then you should try further steps.. make sure the power saver is off. and then go to the network setting and switch off the data connection.. and then go to the people hub, go switch off and on back the "facebook chat' option.. and try to check and see they back online.. then switch your data connection back on. i think these few steps should helps.. because it works for me. 

but bear in mind that i saw some friends said on their comment is that.. the wifi connectivity is carry the same weight too for this issue.. this problem might occur due to weak connectivity too..  

cheers, hope it helps!

terrence (penang)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adityabelhe

Hi,

I see the same problem in my lumia 920.

I have my data connection on.

I have linked my fb and microsoft acount.

I have also checked all setting and all look in place...

But still the sam issue.

Does any one have any solid solution...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jigard143

it's not Work....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jigard143

I just tried it it shows ,"no one is online" even my friends are online..
anybody have solution so tell me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
crystaldaylight

Hi :smileyhappy:!

Same thing happened on my Nokia lumia 610 b4 I could connect couldn't fb chat but after reformatting my phone ,this problem came , I already synchronized my fb to windows live and I also turn on the fb chat on the messaging but when click online on the profile this message appear " I can't connect IM. What this thing mean?

pls I need your help. Thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
sherrymotty

Hi Nokia guys,

I am facing the same problem with my Lumia 800. Just saw one guy suggesting to check the facebook settings..Could you please explain what are those settings? Also can't Nokia/Microsoft make this work, fix it guys..please..
Please use plain text.