Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Help with Lumia 920 Exchange/Outlook sync email be...

Registered Member
crippus

Help with Lumia 920 Exchange/Outlook sync email before I need return!

Hello,

I am pretty proficient with Windows Phones. Have had a Focus, and Lumia 900. Now have the 920. Love it, except will NOT sync with my work email, which is Outlook/Exchange. Didn't have a problem with the Lumia 900 doing it. And the 920 will sync seamlessly with my Hotmail and Aol accounts. Every time I try and set up my work email, this comes up...
Error code 80072F30 we're having problems downloading messages(not frequently)
Or this one EVERY TIME...
We are having a problem connecting to...(our company server name)
Error code :86000107

I've tried on this phone. Ive done a hard reset. I've tried on the 8x in store. Same result. Is there a bug or something I need to do? If not, I need return the phone, which I love.
Thanks
Craig

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Help with Lumia 920 Exchange/Outlook sync email before I need return!

Hi Crippus,

Sorry to hear the problems you are having with the email experience on your Lumia 920. As it seems you have exhausted all options, including performing a hard reset, you will need to take the phone back to your point of purchase, or to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

it may be something as simple as one letter being off, or missing a period or using a comma instead of a period.

i am using two exchange and 3 imap on my device without error.

i did have a challenge on one exchange, but it was the user (me) lol.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SkeMaz

Hi

I've double-checked my settings connectng to my POP3 server.

I have also compared Nokia 920 settings to my wife's HTC Trophy running Win7.5 using the same Optus network in Australia.

If I use my POP3 sever name of syncint.com I get an error code 80004005 on syncing.

If I change the setting to syncint.com:993:1 (which is what works on my wife's HTC) I get the error code 80072F30 (as reported in this thread).

Any assistance will be gretly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It's a known problem, see http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/POP-Email-on-WP8-Lumia-920-Error-Code-80004005/td-p/1649...

Frankly, I think it is rediculous that a phone can be released upon the public without this working properly. :smileymad:
Please use plain text.