Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I block certain numbers on my Lumia 620?

emmelina
Accepted Solution

How do I block certain numbers on my Lumia 620?

Does anybody know how to block certain incoming calls and texts? 

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Re: How do I block certain numbers on my Lumia 620?

[ Edited ]

As far as I know Windows OS does not support call or textb locking. Depending on where you are your network provider might be able to do it to a limited extent, although according to T-Mobile UK they have no power to block incoming numbers. If calls are particularly annoying they offer a new number.

However I suggest you do a search in the Marketplace as the position might have changed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

caitlin1759 wrote:

As far as I know Windows OS does not support call or textb locking.  

Actually, Windows Phone does support call blocking. It's a feature that is built into the Chinese versions of the 920 & 820 (possibly some other Chinese WP phones too). It's also built into the Samsung Ativ S as standard.

There's no reason then for the rest of us to not have this feature too. Maybe it will get added in a future update, much the same as FM radio support has been added in GDR2.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I understand that is because spam calls and texts are much more of a problem in China than elsewhere so it was dictated by what the Chinese market wanted. I only have an 800 and won't be getting another Windows phone. The lack of this feature was just one of the many standard features ( e.g proper Bluetooth, individual text tones, ability to edit email automatic profile settings) , which other systems have as standard out of the box but Windows decided their customers could just do without. They've had to put some of these in place due to customer demand but not all.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

That's probably true about Chinese demand but, the Ativ S has this feature regardless of where the phone is sold so it would be a simple enough addition for Nokia to add this feature to all of their WP 8 Lumias.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Agreed, a call blocker would be trivial for Nokia to include, Actually Samsung has one for Windows Phone. It would however have to be Nokia to do this as it would require access to OEM only API calls in the OS. It's one of the options I never understood Nokia has not added yet.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
sieo100

What we need is an enhanced dialer with many options instead of just delete in call history. Even basic phones have call blocking feature with wild cards such as "starting with", "contains" etc to stop telemarketing and other annoying calls.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

sieo100 wrote:
What we need is an enhanced dialer with many options instead of just delete in call history. Even basic phones have call blocking feature with wild cards such as "starting with", "contains" etc to stop telemarketing and other annoying calls.

The last post before yours was more than 7 months old .. After that there is new developement and with the Amber update ( and then updating your System applications...) you get the call+SMS filter option available...Though the customisation of the settings there in is very much limited, its a good start ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

sieo100 wrote:

This thread is a little out of date now that a Call + SMS filter is built in since the last update. You will find it in Settings. 

If you don;t see it then you need to update firmware as well as all the system apps on your phone.

Please use plain text.