Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How do I save text messages from lumia 800

Counsellor
shay1
Accepted Solution

How do I save text messages from lumia 800

I can not find a way to save My text messages from My lumia 800,

syncing the phone with zune doesn't seem to do it.

My old n97 mini would sync them with nokia suite.

Am I just missing some thing?

Any help would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

You're not  missing anything, this functionality is currently not available for WP phones.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DKNY2012

If there is a message that you really need to keep you can go to the "Messaging" application and open that message.  Then when its open hold your finger on the message until a menu saying "Copy" comes up. 

Choose "Copy" and then go into Microsoft Word or Microsoft Onenote and paste it in there then upload to Skydrive or use Microsoft Onenote to sync the message data that you copied from Onenote on your phone to Onenote on your computer if you have that installed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shay1

thanks for your help dkny2012
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DKNY2012

No problem

Please use plain text.
guinness_buddy

It's pretty surprising really that this important feature doesn't exist: it seems like Nokia is going backwards in so many ways with the Lumia phones.  We really need full support with Nokia Suite - who cares about the operating system, it's made by Nokia and should use Nokia software!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
UnregUser

@guinness_buddy the hardware and phone design is from nokia, but the software and operating system is from microsoft....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
visthespoon

you are so right. I cannot believe the loss of useful functionality I've experienced with my Lumia 800. can't sort texts by sender, can't mark as unread, now I can't back them up ? can't create playlists on the go, have to do them on a computer via Zune... can't create contact groups easily by ticking a whole series of contacts, have to laboriously search and return, search and return... I hope Nokia are listening, this phone's a very backward step
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
visthespoon

oh and not to mention I couldn't restore from my N8 backup so I lost all the contact groups I already had setup, hence my need to recreate them... which is just too laborious to attempt due not only the above but also due to seeing every contact in every email and facebook account in there as well as all my phone numbers ! AAARRRGGGHH !!!
Please use plain text.