Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I set 920 missed call alerts?

chm1

How do I set 920 missed call alerts?

For the Lumia 920,

Is there a way to set audio-vibrate-Led flash alerts for missed calls/sms/emails?

Really need this!

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Re: How do I set 920 missed call alerts?

I don't think there is any way of setting any LED flash alert for anything on any Lumia. So far as I'm aware alerts are just on the live tiles but if your screen is locked you won't notice until you unlock the screen.

I might be wrong since the battery on my 800 was so awful all background applications were disabled, possibly you get alerts if background applications are enabled.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Not possible I'm afraid. Several people have used the Feature suggestion on Microsofts site to request the the Windows capacitive button flashes as a notification light. We can but wait to see if MS will implement this feature.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You cant its been put forward for suggestion though

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

I all honesty I have my sartscreen open several times an hour unless I am asleep so to me a notification like this would be meaningless. In fact it would be somethings I would probably not want on when available. All it does is attract attention to the phone when I am not around it (if ever that is the case.)

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its a handy feature if you where away from your desk for example.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Well, if I am away from my desk so is my phone. :smileywink:

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Lol.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Ozbob

As far as I can see there is no alert feature feature for the entire Lumia range when the screen is locked. Working in the construction industry often calls are not heard and without a visual alert it may be some time before the phone is unlocked and calls noticed. This makes the Lumia range the dumbest smart phones on the planet, makes for ineffiencies, compromises health and safety. My E51 has visual alert. Come on Micro Soft lift your game!
Please use plain text.
airwave

[ Edited ]

in the same industry and your comments are spot on , had a Motorola ten years old with call and message repeat alerts on but thought I was entering a new age with the 520, I was , sadly to say it's the dark age.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lumiatune

Enable vibrate and insert the phone into ya Construction Industry Crack. Shouidn't miss any calls then!!

Please use plain text.