Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do You Create Photo Albums without PC - Lumi...

Sage
Briant566

How do You Create Photo Albums without PC - Lumia 800

[ Edited ]

My second week helping someone with ther Nokia 800 

Recomending this  phone will be  with me forever Its only now I am finding  all the faults that all the foroums show

The first thing was the  small text font size that you can not alter ! 

Now she want  to create photo almbums on the Phone and  Rename  as she did on her C3-01

" Not unrreasonable "

Only to find this Can not be Done without a PC she want to do it on the Phone same as all other Phones as she has no PC

Is there a way this can be done?

This Ones software seems to have gon backwards 

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Photo albums

One of the design principles of Windows Phone is the use of Skydrive, integration of socal media and the cloud. It is a fundamental and basically required part of the OS and it is there where you'll be able to add/modify and personalize filestructures and create things such as photo albums. Any photo albums she creates there are also available on the phone in the pictures hub under albums.

I keep wondering when people are going to understand the concept of Windows Phone. It's so simple, functional and obvious yet so many seem to completely not get the idea.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Thanks once Again 

All we want to do is to creat folders on her Phone in her hand and Not on a Cloud over the internet.

As said you can do this with all other Phones

And even with 10 Year old Nokias.

What is the problem about creating a folder using the Phone as you can do it on a pc .

Or is there any Appy that can do it  ?

Or last resort If I created  Folders on the Phone with my PC  would she be able then to move the Photos  to the folders as these  were taken.

Can she also rename Photos as we cant find that as well 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You have no access to the phone file system from the phone. If this is a prerequisite for you then Windows Phone is not for you.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Thanks for the Stock  Answer  !

But there must be a  way I have seen some apps on Market place that let  save Photos  and rename can not ask them so save to any folder ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Well as you seem uninterested in a more extensive answer what else is there. A Windows Phone device is not 'on it's own' so to speak it is part of an ecosystem which includes Skydrive, your Micrsoft account and more. As such it uses features provided by these resources. 

As the OS is very secure it does not allow too much tinkering with the 'inside' instead it allows you to pull in information from a number of sources. Your Photo Albums are on Facebook, Skydrive and other locations. There they can be edited/renamed or whatever. This has always been the way WP is designed even before other started copying this behaviour as it makes sense.

In a few years time _everyone_ will be using the cloud like this and it will be a none-issue. When the time comes just remember WP was the frontrunner in this and the other systems followed their lead.. 

---

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Are you for Real ! Or Is This Bill Gates Talking !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KingJohn

Mostly nothing like we wanted ! even the basics are missing

Please use plain text.