Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do i turn on 3G Nokia Lumia 710 (Vodafone)

Adam030493
Accepted Solution

How do i turn on 3G Nokia Lumia 710 (Vodafone)

how to turn on 3G i dont have a switch in settings to turn on 3G and it only says E next to my signal bar i want to use 3G how do i turn it on please help give step by step guide with pictures if you can. thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: How do i turn on 3G Nokia Lumia 710 (Vodafone)

Hi Adam030493,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Nokia discussion forums.

To turn on your 3G on your Lumia 710 go into settings and scroll down to mobile network. Select this and then on Highest connection speed make sure 3G is selected. The signal will then reset itself so give it a few minutes and then dependent on your network coverage you should have a 3G signal.

If after this you still don't receive a 3G signal you could try removing your sim and putting it back and also you could try to remove the battery and then give it a try. If you still have no joy I would recommend you contact your network provider to confirm you are indeed in an area where you get 3G coverage.

If your network confirm your area is a 3G area and everything is fine on there end and cellular data is active on your sim, do you have another mobile device you could try your sim in?

If so give this a try and see if you get a 3G signal. If you do receive a 3G signal on your other mobile device then I would recommend you take your Lumia 710 phone to your nearest Nokia care point which you can find on the link below:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/

If in your other device you don't get a 3G signal and you can confirm you are in a 3G coverage area then you may have a faulty sim so you will need to get in touch with your network provider.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meet26

I do the same but it shows H for some time n then again E. What should i do now?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

I am using TATA DOCOMO

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

meet26 wrote:

I do the same but it shows H for some time n then again E. What should i do now?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

I am using TATA DOCOMO

May be a silly thing to ask..but do you have 3G activated and are you in 3G coverage area ? Though I have a different device, the phone displays 3.5G when I am at home or in most places in Mumbai..but at certain places within the city it shows E ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Make sure you have activated 3G connectivity on your Sim and you are in a 3G covered area.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meet26

i have activated 3G. Still the problem exist. Help me
Please use plain text.
Adam030493

get a 02 3G Microsim.. thats what i did now i have constant HSPDA signal which is better than 3G (3G+) fantastic for video streaming.. vodafone is poor network
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chanakyakv

Same problem here with brand new Nokia Lumia 610.

3G doesn't work well for the apps inside the phone (like internet explorer, bing search, Marketplace, gmail, facebook etc..) do not sync/work! I get connection error most of the times and very few times I get very slow 2G speed. The phone says it is working on HSPDA (i.e. 3G. "H" symbol besides the network symbol on top left).
But ONLY Internet Sharing works like charm (I get 2Mbps speed atleast) when Internet sharing is enabled and a laptop is connected to the phone through the Wi-Fi hotspot.
This clearly indicates that there is NO issue with mobile operator (Airtel India 3G in my case) or Phone's APN (airtelgprs.com) setting.
(And just to double check, if I put my same SIM card into my old Galaxy phone, I'm getting 3Mbps speed)

For now I have to connect to Wi-Fi only to browse or sync mail inside my phone or to install new apps.
And, Thank god Internet Sharing is working (god knows how)!

To try adding one more APN as suggested by few users on the forum, I do not have add option in my "Network Setup". "Network Setup" Version is 1.1.3.0

This is crazy. I wouldn't have bought this phone if I knew that this phone had this issue.

If Nokia doesn't do something about it quickly, then I will surely give up Nokia forever and recommend the same for others.

Thanks
CHANAKYA K. V.

Nokia Lumia 610
Tango.
Bought on 13th October 2012.
Please use plain text.
arshad9248

Facing exacty the same problem

chanakyakv wrote:

Same problem here with brand new Nokia Lumia 610.

3G doesn't work well for the apps inside the phone (like internet explorer, bing search, Marketplace, gmail, facebook etc..) do not sync/work! I get connection error most of the times and very few times I get very slow 2G speed. The phone says it is working on HSPDA (i.e. 3G. "H" symbol besides the network symbol on top left).
But ONLY Internet Sharing works like charm (I get 2Mbps speed atleast) when Internet sharing is enabled and a laptop is connected to the phone through the Wi-Fi hotspot.
This clearly indicates that there is NO issue with mobile operator (Airtel India 3G in my case) or Phone's APN (airtelgprs.com) setting.
(And just to double check, if I put my same SIM card into my old Galaxy phone, I'm getting 3Mbps speed)

For now I have to connect to Wi-Fi only to browse or sync mail inside my phone or to install new apps.
And, Thank god Internet Sharing is working (god knows how)!

To try adding one more APN as suggested by few users on the forum, I do not have add option in my "Network Setup". "Network Setup" Version is 1.1.3.0

This is crazy. I wouldn't have bought this phone if I knew that this phone had this issue.

If Nokia doesn't do something about it quickly, then I will surely give up Nokia forever and recommend the same for others.

Thanks
CHANAKYA K. V.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lesliejansen

Depending what network service provider you are using on your mobile goto SETTING and go in there i should bring you up alot of setting options either goto connection setting and tap there it will open another list goto the one that says what service provider you are using tap on that icon then it will bring u up a nother list it should ask u to choose 3.5 or dual mode or gms choose the dual mode then your mobile will run on 3.5 duel mode and not on gsm. Hope you come rite. Regards LESLIE.
Please use plain text.
Adam030493

i solved the problem by changing from **bleep** Vodafone network to GiffGaff which runs on 02's transmitters so i get HSPDA 4-5 bars constantly which is AMAZINGLY FAST! my advice... LEAVE VODAFONE THEY ARE RUBBISH. giffgaff provides better tariffs with TRULY UNLIMITED DATA UNLIKE VODAFONE AND 02 WHICH SAY IT IS UNLIMITED WHICH IS FALSE INFORMATION AS YOU ONLY REALLY GET 500MB OF DATA.
Please use plain text.
prabhakar86

Hi,

Problem Solved !!! :smileyhappy:

I have faced the same problem, but don't have good support from Vodafone customer care regarding this. Finally i found solution.

To turn on your 3G on your Lumia 710(Vodafone) press Start key, then go to settings and scroll down to mobile networkSelect this and then on Highest connection speed make sure 3G is selected. Then tap on add apn or edit apn.

In the APN text box type www.live.vodafone.in(this address varies dependent  on your country region and network provider, for Vodafone IN www.live.vodafone.in), then save

The signal will then reset itself so give it a few minutes and then dependent on your network coverage you should have a H or 3G symbol beside network signal bar.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prabhakar reddy Komatreddy.

Please use plain text.
RajatVash

Are you sure it is working for you? I tried, but doesn't work for me. Changed the APN and restarted too.

In my case, the pushmail is working fine, so is whatsapp. But i can't browse the internet or open any website. Even the apps which required internet connectivity dont work.

Is it a vodafone issue or a lumia bug??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@RajatVash

What hapens if using Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) instead of Vodafone Live or do you need data account which is expensive?

To add APN on Lumia 710:-

• Press arrow right to access the main menu.
  • Press Settings.
  • Press mobile network.
  • Press add apn.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
RajatVash

well guys, 3g has started working for me. Dont know for how long, but for now it is.

I am based in Delhi, vodafone connection. Phone bought on Nov 1, 2012.

3g got activated on 16th, got the H (3.5G symbol on my phone consistently, but i could never browse. If i accidentaly could open a site, it was too (read Tooooo) slow. and in all cases nothing else (no apps requiring internet) worked.

Here's what i did:

1. called up vodafone care (111) and registered a complaint (it didnt have any bearing, but i am telling u all that i did)

2. asked them for the apn settings. here they are -> write in the APN field - www. thats is. leave all other fields blank. 

3. switch off n on your mobile. or do a flight mode off on. and then check 3g.

4. In all probability, Step 3, wont work. :smileyhappy: didnt work for me.

5. now, go to the right arrow -> and click on Network Setup.

6. Let the network chose the settings for vodafone. It did that for me automatically. 

7. that is ALL. Once the network contacted vodafone, it updated 3g settings internally and voila, it all started working.

So the imp thing to do is to go and visit Network Setup once after 3G activation and APN settings updation.

Do let me know if it helps,

I hope it does.

Let's kill those android users :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
RajatVash

by the way, i only have the 3g account. Vodafone Mobile Connect is NOT activated on my mobile.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you selected 3G (..Highest Connection Speed) as shown on Pg. 38 of the User Guide ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
3gguru

There is no good 3g coverage.
Please use plain text.