Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How is Nokia Lumia 900?

SurajS89
Accepted Solution

How is Nokia Lumia 900?

i dont know much about this phone but i would be glad if any of you all can give me some brief information about this phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Here you go: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/phone/lumia900/

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Lumia_900/

At the moment the Lumia 900 is exclusive to the AT&T network in the US. Plenty of specific information about it can by found by a quick google search.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Also: It is not available yet even in the US for AT&T. It will be, according to Nokia, available "in the coming months", which in my guesstimate means earliest June/July.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Always the optimist :smileywink:

Supposed to be out in March.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

I should of waited, instead of getting the Lumia 800
Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Why? Personally I prefer the size and design of the 800. Probably be nearer May/June before a large screened Lumia appears outside of the US.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

psychomania wrote:
Why? Personally I prefer the size and design of the 800. Probably be nearer May/June before a large screened Lumia appears outside of the US.

front facing camera, 4G, and bigger screen

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

Today I read that release date (AT&T) will be March 18, 2012. Rumors say that after 45 days it will be available from other networks too

http://www.winsupersite.com/blog/supersite-blog-39/windowsphone75/rumor-carriers-sell-nokia-lumia-90...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

ejovi wrote:

front facing camera, 4G, and bigger screen

Fair enough if those features appeal to you. For me 4G is irrelevant as it will be at least another year or even two before my network/country fully supports it. Video calls are of no interest to me and bigger screen is just personal preference.

But for someone who is on a 4G network, likes to make video calls and wants a bigger screen the 900 is a better choice than the 800.  It was always obvious that a larger Lumia would come along when the 800 was launched.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
crapr

waiting in india. . . .
Plz . . . . Tell me when lumia 900 is
launching here in india. . ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The current Lumia 900 will not be launching in India, as previously stated it is for the US AT&T network only.

Rumours suggest the rest of the world may see a model based on the 900 launched later this year, probably nearer to May or June. No other details are known.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neile35c

according to the carphone warehoue it will be released here in june.You can even pre register for one which i have done roll on june,

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

psychomania wrote:
The current Lumia 900 will not be launching in India, as previously stated it is for the US AT&T network only.

Rumours suggest the rest of the world may see a model based on the 900 launched later this year, probably nearer to May or June. No other details are known.

I hope these rumours pan out, in Australia the 4g network has already started to be rolled out several months ago, And in my area they are due to start the roll out in feb, video calls are things I do use, so at the very least it will be very interesting. Unfortunately at this stage we are still waiting for the 800 to be shipped here.

So by the time we get the 900 the 4g network will be well under way for all the main parts of the country.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

I've just seen an announcement for the Lumia 710 from T-Mobile in the USA. They sell it as the first 4G Windows Phone in America!! I was not aware of the 710 being 4G compatible. Wasn't it just the 900 that would support 4G? So might the 800 also become 4G compatible (through firmware update)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

Henk2304 wrote:

I've just seen an announcement for the Lumia 710 from T-Mobile in the USA. They sell it as the first 4G Windows Phone in America!! I was not aware of the 710 being 4G compatible. Wasn't it just the 900 that would support 4G? So might the 800 also become 4G compatible (through firmware update)?

What T-Mobile USA call 4G (HSPA+) is not real 4G (LTE). According to their website even the SGS2 is 4G.

Typical marketing ploy fitting the US market.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dannysal

Looking forward to buying the 900. I hope AT&T announces the date soon and I hope it's affordable!
Please use plain text.