Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to block Lumia 520 Handset

Amrutha89

How to block Lumia 520 Handset

Hello All,

I lost my Lumia 520 mobile. There are many of my photos in memory card and confidential details in messages. Is there any way to block the device and erase all the data?

Thanks,

Amrutha

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: How to block Lumia 520 Handset

[ Edited ]

You can lock it or erase it via the windows phone website.

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/find?signin=true

If you do manage to lock or erase it you should then contact your network and ask them to disable the sim card.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You can attempt to block the use of your phone by reporting it stole to the police and the network. It is up to your network what they do with that information. At most, they will be able to block it on their own network and a few supporting networks. No option to erase it at this stage. If you registered for Find my phone, you could try using that to locate your phone but I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The options given above will only work ik you had your phone protected with a security code to unlock preventing anyone to reset the phone. If it was reset and registered with another Microsoft account the FInd My Phone service will no longer work for you.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

If you still have the box it came in give the IMEI number to your network provider and they should be able to block the IMEI so that it cannot be used with another SIM card.

Change the password of your Windows Live account all e-mail accounts and social networking accounts which you used on the phone and every password protected website which you accessed on the phone.
Please use plain text.