Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to block calls/ messages from certain people? ...

Registered Member
cei3733
Accepted Solution

How to block calls/ messages from certain people? (Lumia 920)

I know that there's a pre-installed "Nokia Spamfilter" only avaliable in China that can block calls/ messages from certain number.

But is there any other software avaliable in US that can help block messages?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to block calls/ messages from certain people? (Lumia 920)

No.. There isn't any ..

You may add your Vote HERE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ds008420

Re: How to block calls/ messages from certain people? (Lumia 920)

hi, i just blocked some numbers for calls and SMS. For reference I have USA TMOBILE service with 920 Lumia phone (in case ATT doesn't have the block call feature supported).  1) i did phone update software Settings>Phone Update (just in case i needed some extra software) waited about 10 minutes after update and restarted phone. 2) Went to Settings>Call+SMS Filter> turn on the Block Calls +SMS. 3) find the number you want to block by going to Phone History, click and hold the number that you want to block. 4) a drop down of block number option should be given. 5) click block number, say "yes" to confirm you want to block the number. 

I found that I can only block the number from my Phone History menu. I can not choose to block the number from where i have the number saved in my contacts.  Also there is a way to set up a home screen icon that will report blocked numbers and a call log.   you can pin those icons to the home screen by doing Settings>Call+SMS Filter>Advanced turn on the App Live tile and Notification.  hope this helps

Please use plain text.