Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to clean Lumia 800 cyan case???

Contributor
netdevil

How to clean Lumia 800 cyan case???

Hi guys..I have been using Lumia 800 cyan for almost 3 weeks...the phone is amazing but the silicone case has accumulated a lot of dirt and stains.

Have tried cleaning with detergent/ ethanol containing sprays but have failed..

Any ideas?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: How to clean Lumia 800 cyan case???

I cleaned mine in hot water with a large amount of fairy washing up liquid, rubbing at dirt with my fingers. Rinsed it under the hot tap then left it to fully dry for several hours near a radiator before putting it back on the phone. Don't dry it with a towel, goes streaky and picks up fluff if you do that.

This worked well for me, may work well for you too.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

Mine stained with dye from new dark jeans pockets, I tried soap and acetone  but made no difference. I have ordered a new one from mobilefun and a black one but still out of stock.

Currently using a leather flip case by terrapin its a nice case but does bulk up the lumias cool slick design.

If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Check out amazon instead, all colours been in stock for a while on there. Got the red one for just under £10. They have the CC-3032 hard cases too, got the cyan one.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

[ Edited ]

Yes I did look on amazon but I did want an original tpu case as the footprint on the phone is minimal thanks for the tip.

I think the main downfall with the light colours is getting it dirty maybe black was a better option but its nice to change and the cyan is a cool colour, I would not like to think the polycarbonate phone itself is prone to staining though.

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Mine is nokia original, under £10. Exact same ones you'd get from mobile fun. Let me know if you want a link or name of the company I purchased it from.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

Cheers psych that would be good if mobilefun cannot fulfil order soon.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Here you go: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005WU1NWM

Seller I bought it from was "king of gadgets".

Here's some pics I uploaded of the red one:
http://nokiainspired.blogspot.com/2012/01/nokia-cc-1031-lumia-800-soft-case.html
Please use plain text.
Contributor
netdevil

Thanx for the prompt reply...will try it out soon..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It helps if you leave it to soak for a while in very hot water. A washing up brush is safe to use on them too.

Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lord_farquaad

i realise this is an old topic, but i also have the problem where my cyan case got dirty from the dye of my trousers. i've tried soaking it in very hot water with a lot of detergent and then scrubbing with dish washing scrowler, it helps but doesn't clean it totally. i just bought a new one and it's starting to get dirty. shame, the nokia covers fit this phone the best.

Please use plain text.