Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to connect Lumia 920 with PC Suite

Registered Member
spiderbatman

How to connect Lumia 920 with PC Suite

Hi,

I downloaded and installed latest Nokia PC Suite on my WIndows 7 machine. While connecting my Lumia 920 with USB cable to my system, it shows "Quit the transfer mode from phone if you want to use the phone with PC Suite"

I have not been able to find this option in the phone anywhere.. I want to connect and backup my contacts and sync alot of sother stuff as well. 

Can anyone please guide me as to how to do this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: How to connect Lumia 920 with PC Suite

[ Edited ]

You can't use PC Suite with the 920. Your contacts, pictures and videos are backed up to the "Cloud". 

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/how-to/wp8/basics/back-up-my-stuff

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

You can use Nokia Suite to enable transfer of messages and contacts to teh cloud, i.e. SkyDrive, which will get you started on your 920 experience. From there, you can use Windows Phone app for Windows 8 and Windows 7 to enable syncing of music, videos and photos.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dilshaddillu

when iam connecting my nokia lumia 920 it is showing "connected in a non compaitable mode" i want to connect my pc to the internet using usb modem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Cannot be done.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mary941

how can I install xap files to my lumia 920 from laptop?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

mary941 wrote:
how can I install xap files to my lumia 920 from laptop?

You can't on a normal Lumia 920. It's only possible to do that if you have a developer unlocked model.

More information about being a developer is available here: http://developer.windowsphone.com/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
futile

I only ever used PC suite for SMS messages via PC as nothing else ever worked - now even that has gone.  Grrr.
I'm forced to use this Lumia 920, can barely hear people speak and can't even use a decent keyboard.
Still, its great for pretty pictures, why would anyone want anything else?

Please use plain text.
Vaihtaja

I don't want to synchronize to ANY cloud. I want to synchronize to my own PC. Must I return back to my N8?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Vaihtaja wrote:

I don't want to synchronize to ANY cloud. I want to synchronize to my own PC. Must I return back to my N8?

If this is the condition, then the answer is YES

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yugesh44

Only phones with memory card support recognising xap files transfered from laptop. nl 920 deos not support it

@K0N
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Vaihtaja wrote:

No, but you wil llimit your phone options and features.

If you are away from home and your phone bricks or gets damaged you have no way of recovering until you get back home. By using the cloud your can access your data anytime, anywhere and your phone and backup data are always in sync without you needing to do anything. If that is not what you want by all means go ahead and try THIS (there are other options.. go Google it)..

You will also HAVE to own/use Outlook for any of these to work.

There are plenty of posts around here which can give you more info on this.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.