Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to create Playlists on Lumia 920

Contributor
ramojirao
Accepted Solution

How to create Playlists on Lumia 920

Its very annoy that i cannot create my own music playlist on lumia 920. can some one help me in creating my own playlists?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

Re: How to create Playlists on Lumia 920

• Go to your Songs list
  • Click the Select icon, circle with lines, at the bottom of the screen. This should activate checkboxes next to every song.
  • Choose the songs to become a playlist
  • Click the '...' icon at the bottom of the screen then choose "add to now playing"
  • From the playback screen (or whatever it's called) click the '...' icon then choose "save as playlist". You can     then name the playlist and it will appear on the playlist screen.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

There's also this post that might help: https://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Lumia-920-and-other-WP8-phones-stringing-multiple...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramojirao

Thanks Gary for your reply, But its all hell process. previously i have samsung galaxy phone its very easy to create playlists of songs that i like. Nokia or windows sucks..... i am getting all unwanted songs when i added songs to add now playing and worst thing is i cannot delete unwanted songs from the playlist. Its all mess. and the worst thing is the volume control it is same for music and ringtone, if we reduce the sound while listening to songs it reduces the volume of the phone ringtone which leads to missed calls.:confused:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramojirao

Does any one have same problems??

Please use plain text.
Jon2012

Actually, you have to play a song, then go to the history to play it again, then do the above mentioned procedure. Otherwise you will get all the songs in the playlist. Windows phone sucks. The worst part is them never fix your problems.
Please use plain text.
Jon2012

After reading grschinon's link, I think I finally got a hang of it. It's all about the now playing list. You can see it by touching the song name in the playback sceen. Then you can see which songs are in your list you are about to create. The now play list depends on where you start the music. For example, if you start from all the songs, then it includes all the songs. If you start from the history, it only includes the current song. So you can create a playlist include any song you want.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramojirao

Ya its all Heck process and i rated 0 to this phone as all the apps have some kind to bugs. Its not up to the mark and they advertise as the number one phone in the market............. so funny. I will never buy a noika product again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramojirao

Hmm........ To create a simple play list i have to move the screens and search for the songs if they all are the songs i wanted to add to the play list. I need to multitask for creating single playlist:thumbdown: And if i wanted to edit the created playlist there is no option to Edit.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Billyy

I am upset with Nokia about the playlist making as well. They should make it to where we are able to select songs and make a playlist from them. Also, I would like to be able to edit a playlist. Hopefully they can make some sort of update to change that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

In an earlier post in this thread I described how to create a playlist using the phone. Here is how to do it using windows explorer with the phone connected to the PC.

http://www.redslime.com/wordpress/2012/11/24/how-to-create-a-playlist-on-a-nokia-920-running-windows...

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

That neat but you still need a PC. Most users want to create and edit playlists right on the phone itself. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult? WP8 is already the 3rd major version and the difficulty still persist.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramojirao

Thanks for your research...:thumbup: but still if you want to edit the created playlist there is no option. That sucks, we need some other apps or a laptop to create or edit playlist which means its not a smart phone we can rate it as  number one dummy phone in the world.....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zenobi97

I have exactly the same issue... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zenobi97

same here :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zenobi97

Just copy how it worked on SYMBIAN (N8) !!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
saty72

It seems so simple on SG and Iphone - just select the album, song, artist or genre; then send to new or created playlist. No multiscreen tasking, wondering where to go and what's happening and very confusing way as Nokia W8. I hope Nokia are listening and correct this as its a very awkward and silly way of doing something easy.
Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

The only way is to do it on the PC.

Make a playlist on your phone. Start an album or song playing. Below the album art tap the song name. On the next page tap the save icon on bottom and give your playlist a name. Stop the player

Connect the phone via USB to the PC.

With windows explorer open the music, playlist folder.

Right click the playlist file, select properties, resources tab.

You can now, add to the playlist from songs on your phone using drag and drop into the resources tab window.

From the recources tab window you can also delete songs from the playlist and set the play order.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zenobi97

yes...same issue :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zenobi97

agree 100%
Please use plain text.