Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Details

Garrichello
Accepted Solution

How to repair in another country?

Hello!

I live in Russian Federation. One year ago (Jan 5, 2012) I've purchased a Nokia Lumia 800 on Ebay from a UK seller. A month ago the phone has refused to charge and (consequently) to power on. I brought it to a local official certified Nokia repair centre for diagnostics and repair. Since the phone originates from UK and European Warranty does not cover it I agreed to pay for the repair. After diagnostics I was told that "a power unit has some failures and should be replaced", but.... they don't have such unit. And will not have it in the future. And even in the head office in Moscow this unit is absent. If I bought this phone in Russia they would replace it for a good one. But since it is not covered by Russian warranty they (official certified Nokia center) can't provide me any help.

Now I've got a brick named Nokia Lumia 800 and a question: am I eligible to use European Warranty and repair it in UK official Nokia center? I'm even ready to pay for a shipping to and back from UK.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: How to repair in another country?

wish we could help you out, but this is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services only. therefore it is between you and Nokia Care unfortunately.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to repair in another country?

[ Edited ]

Due to reason posted by adrianhughes above, you need to contact Nokia Care in UK thru' THIS to get clarification on your query ..

Please use plain text.
Garrichello

Details

Could you be more specific how to contact Nokia Care? At the link you provided I see 7 options: Facebook, Twiter, Discussions (I'm here now :smileyhappy: ), Phone us, Visit us, E-mail us, Live Chat. I don't beleve in Facebook and Twitter, I can't visit Nokia Care in UK personally (I'm more than 5000 km far from UK :smileyhappy: ), and it's quite expensive for me to call to UK. The most logical thing is E-mail us, but it says that E-mail us is only for complains and for other questions I should visit Discussions (I'm here now :smileyhappy: ) or Troubleshooting. Troubleshooting is good, but I need to provide a phone number in the request form and I suppose it should be a UK-phone-number (it does not accept my Russian phone number) which I don't have. Last chance is Live chat. Unfortunately it's closed for holidays yet.

So what could you suggest me to do?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Details

Live chat may be closed due to Weekend .. You may try today ...

Please use plain text.