Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to save contacts on SIM card Lumia 800

Advisor
tajfo

How to save contacts on SIM card Lumia 800

As in subject, how can I save contacts (phone numbers) on SIM card in Lumia 800. Usually mobile phone provides a selection and one can save contacts either on SIM card or in phone memory.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: How to save contacts on SIM card Lumia 800

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You may only import your SIM contacts to the phone, but you cannot do the opposite: from phone to SIM card. All contacts will be saved to your Windows account. 

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tajfo

Why?

What Windows needs my contacts for? Am I followed by KGB or something? These are my contacts not MS and I want them send on my SIM card. I do not understand that.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its just not possible its been always that way.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

tajfo wrote:

Why?

What Windows needs my contacts for? Am I followed by KGB or something? These are my contacts not MS and I want them send on my SIM card. I do not understand that.

Windows doesn't need your contacts. Your contacts are saved to your Windows account for safe storage. This is clearly stated when you first set-up your phone and created your Windows account. 

Ray.

Please use plain text.
maceli

y cant i look contact to sim card ? how can ensure windows save poeple contact numbers also is the a option on zyna to save contact now numbers ? if so how do u do this ? any help will do thanks :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.