Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to tell if my phone is locked or not by the ca...

Advisor
isaacsaudi

How to tell if my phone is locked or not by the carrier

I bought this lumia 920, there are the service carrier apps installed as default.

I want to know if it is locked by the carrier so that I can use other carrier's SIM card.

Phone information:

OS version:8.0.9903.10

Firmware revision number :1232.2109.1242.1002

Hardware revision number:1.0.0.0

Radio software version:1.0.202041.3

Chip SOC version :8960

Mac address:35-C6-038B-70-30

MEID;

IMEI:111111111111

SIM ID: 1111111111111

Nokia enhancements:

Version:1.1.33.5

Detailed here are enchancements from Nokia, designed to fine -tune your Windows Phone experience

Additional info

Manufacturer model name

RM-821-im-mea1-317

Mobiler operator name

000-SA

Configuration ID

The above are the information about my phone 

can I tell if it locked , thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: How to tell if my phone is locked or not by the carrier

Hi mate,

Sorry what carrier are you with? You will have to ask them if you are locked to them or not. If you are saying that they have a whole bunch of their apps installed on the phone, my guess is that is locked to them. As I've said though, would pay to check with them, and also when you ask to get it unlocked, try another carrier's SIM card with them and ask about things like if the tethering has been unlocked etc, as carriers can sometimes lock this too, unbeknown to the user.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.