Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to transfer contacts from Nokia N95 to Lumia 8...

2345wc

How to transfer contacts from Nokia N95 to Lumia 800

How to transfer contacts from Nokia N95 to Lumia 800

I tried the appealing Bluetooth option, but unfortunately it didn't work.  The pairing of the devices seemed to go OK.  But after starting "contacts transfer" with some dots running over the screen of Lumia for a few second, I got "unable to complete the connection etc.".  So apparently N95 is not supported or something.

I am not a particular heavy collector of contacts, but I am not going to manually type in a little less than 1000 contacts from the N95 to Lumia.

Any suggestions?  I would appreciate step by step instructions :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: How to transfer contacts from Nokia N95 to Lumia 800

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@2345wc

Where you given the opportunity to "authorise connection" upon the N95 after pairing?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gregor100

[ Edited ]

I also struggeld with this and this is what I did. I had less than your number of contacts:. You may have to copy contacts one at a time with a few buttons per contact, it is relatively quick though for less than e.g. 400 contacts.

1) get a windows life account 

2) install windows life on your nokia E71 or other Symbian phone where tranfer contacts does not work. this is not trivial but not difficult.      

i) First of all you have to Download dep.sisx and windowslive.sis.  I used my PC for this.    There is a download link on http://symbianv3.com/new-windows-live-messenger-perfect/   

ii) you can copy them to your pc and then copy them to the install directory on your E71, using bluetooth and usb.    iii) on you nokia E71, go to installs and Install dep.sisx, and secondly install WindowsLive.SIS   

iv) you might not require dep.sisx depending on other upgrades etc on your phone.   

v) if WindowsLive.SIS does not install because of an expired certificate, set your phone data to 2010 and try again.    

3) now sign in on your Nokia E71 phone with ur windows life account.

4) Option A : I recommend this if you have less then 400 contacts You can now easy copy 1 contact at a time from your phone to windows life. I also pressed sync now and then , not sure it made a differnce. You can also press the beginning letters e.g. 'k' so you dont need to scroll down the list from a each time. I had about 200 contacts and I picked 150 to move  accross and it took me less than 20 minutes. Also you have now cleaned your phone numbers!

Option B.   If you have more than 400 contacts, there is a way to sync them to your P.C. : I have not tried this myself:  I dont know what it will do to your previous outlook contacts on your pc etc..

I received it from Nokia:

To download and install Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector, please search for it at www.microsoft.com/download and follow the displayed instructions. You may need to restart your computer, and you may need to install additional software.     Important: Syncing may take a while depending on what you need to install, and how much data you are syncing,  

1. Use a compatible USB data cable to connect your phone to your PC.  

2. Use the appropriate sync software on your PC, such as Nokia Suite, HTC Sync, Samsung Kies, or iTunes to sync your contacts, calendar entries, and to-dos from your old phone to your computer, and set the sync software to sync the items to Outlook.  

3. In Outlook, add the Windows Live account to your Outlook using Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector. You may need to manually configure the settings.  

4. Sync the desired content from your Outlook to your Windows Live account. It may take a while before the content is available in your Windows Live account.  

5. If you have not added your Windows Live account to your new phone yet, you would need to import the content to your new phone, by selecting 'Settings' > 'email+accounts' > 'add an account' > 'Windows Live' and follow the displayed instructions.  

5) on the nokia lumia sign into windows life. you will see all the contact there.

Hope it helps. Hope Nokia could post clearer official instructions that explain excatly what will happen to you outlook contacts and where to get the down load links from.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Gregor100,

An explanation on how to transfer contacts (and/or calendar) to your Lumia is available for Windows or Mac.

Hope this helps.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
shaminders

Hi,

you can try a simple trick by copying all the contacts as vcfs and then merging into one. After merging you can simply use any email like gmail ti import the merged vcf file and sync to your lumia fone.

To Merge all vcfs to one single vcf :

If you are a Windows user :

1. Go to Command prompt. (type cmd and press enter in 'Run')

2. Go to the directory where all your VCFs are stored
           example:
           cd   d:\vcfcontacts

3. Run this command
                  copy   /B   *.vcf   mergedcontacts.vcf

Please use plain text.