Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to unlock Nokia Lumia 1020? Please Help Me.

melchzedeck

How to unlock Nokia Lumia 1020? Please Help Me.

Hi! How do you unlock Nokia Lumia 1020 w/c is locked with AT&T? I just bought mine in the US a couple weeks ago, but before I bought the phone I asked the AT&T Customer Number (1-800-331-0500) that I am a non-US resident and I bringing the phone to my Country. The lady on the other line told me there's no problem as long as I am buying the phone with no obligaation / pay in full price of the phone and call them again thay can unlock the phone. When I bought the phone and called again, the person on the other line told me he can't and the only way is thru website www.att.com/deviceunlock. Now, I've been trying to unlock my phone since Aug. 31 but no avail. So, are those people in AT&T customer service didn't really know what are they doing and if it is really in their hearth to be called a customer service representative? Because, if they knew what are they doing this should have not happen and I should not bought this phone. Now, when I blog thru their website somebody emailed me and telling me different policies again, here is the last email he sent me.

Thanks for taking my call today. As discussed, after further review your device is not eligible to be unlocked for the following reasons:

• The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
  • a current AT&T customer
  • a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account

Customer-Specific Requirements

Postpaid Smartphone Customers: Account has been active for at least ninety days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Their apologies cannot return my $700 bucks w/c I paid for the unit for the wrong information of their Customer Service.

Is there anyone here can help me to unlock my Lumia 1020? Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: How to unlock Nokia Lumia 1020? Please Help Me.

It does seem slightly hit or miss although users buying via Microsoft Store seemed to have better luck if this is anything to go by: http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/235805-nokia-lumia-1020-msft-store-att-unlocking-%5Bmy-...

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
octa

Did you finally unlock it or ...? Many are facing the same music.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Nokia supply SIM-free handsets to the networks, which then decide whether and how to lock them. Both the unlock codes and the unlock procedures are owned by the networks, not by Nokia, so any attempt by a network to refer the issue to Nokia is an outright lie. Nokia cannot do anything about unlocking a handset, it is 100% up to the network which has locked it, therefore it is pretty pointless posting such requests here.

Please use plain text.