Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to use Nokia Lumia 520 as a Webcam to PC

G1Joshi

How to use Nokia Lumia 520 as a Webcam to PC

Hi ,

I  want to use nokia lumia 520 as a webcam to PC..

How os ot possible ?

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: How to use Nokia Lumia 520 as a Webcam to PC

It's not possible to do that with Windows Phones. You need to buy a webcam.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilprajapati20

why we puchase web cam why wp8 n support we can pay mony for this phone but we cant satisfactin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

You don't get satisfaction because your expectations don't coincide with what the phone is intended for. The only phones that I've seen having a webcam feature are Chinese knock-offs of older Symbian devices.

As psychomania pointed out, if you want a webcam, buy a webcam.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chevy560

this is why windows phones aren't getting much sales.... a webcam app is a great app, and are available in the android and IOS market, smh windows lack of apps suck and then you have the nerve to say it's only available on knock off devices smh, you my dear friend need help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I suggest you complain to Microsoft, also you may want to look at global sales figures to see quite the opposite is true.

So for now either buy a android, iOS or a web cam. Web cams can be found for under £10 nowadays and can be left permanently attached to the computer in an optimal position.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahulrana008

Is it with Lumia 520 and lower versions or with all the Lumia devices . I can see a App named Webcam Remote which says that we can view the Webcam of the PC on our phone then why is it not visa versa. If it is not possible to use Lumia devices as webcams after Microsoft's claim that it can get synchronized with Windows 8 operation system then Microsoft has to rethink on some basic things required to all users. And why should we complain to Microsoft separately ? is it not a Nokia Device. It should be a concern for the both. I have seen a lot of posts which has not been action from last 2 + years . How do you think that complaining will help. Sorry if the words are sounds are negative as i want these basic things to be in the Lumia phone which would help users like us . Waiting for the Release of Windows phone 8.1[ blue]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
varung30

Re: How to use Nokia Lumia 720 as a Webcam to PC

Hi ,

I  want to use nokia lumia 720 as a webcam to PC..

How os ot possible ?

Please help.

varung30
Please use plain text.