Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I cant able to find/install some apps on lumia 520

Contributor
tkhank

I cant able to find/install some apps on lumia 520

[ Edited ]

I reset my phone today because of some problem i was having. So after resetting when i wanted to reinstall my old apps like kik messenger  weather, top truck free etc but i cant because store is not listing any of the above apps on store.

I have used kik messenger on this phone before resetting.

I have also tired to install manually by putting kik-messenger.XAP in SD card but windows store gives an error unsupported app.

And when i try to install kik messenger from windowsphone.com it says "App is not available in this region" . Also when I goto purchase history on windowsphone.com and try to resintall from there same error message appears instead of reinstall link.

I have attached picture of error shown on windowsphone.com. Please do something, I need to fix all these things fast.

My location: Pakistan.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: I cant able to find/install some apps on lumia 520

[ Edited ]

Not sure if the application has been removed (may be temporarily) due to some issues ..because the recent reviews on the MarketPlace (India) shows -ve comments.

Refer the attachment ..

Other than this, many applications may not be available now if the Developer has decided to remove them from the MarketPlace ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tkhank

yes developer can temporarily remove app but how come 3 4 apps go offline at the same time .. and app store not able to install it manually , i have downloaded its .xap file
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Partial answer .. The 3-4 applications might have been removed over a period of time but you only know about it when you Reset the phone and want to re-install ithem ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tkhank

okay...can anyone please check with their Microsoft account for KIK in app store.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its there ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tkhank

see its listed for everyone except me......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

It MAY be Regional issue ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its available for me in ireland so its regional.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tkhank

okay it may be a regional issue...but how to solve it as i have already used kik for years in the same region. I got this problem after resetting the phone, before resetting all apps were fine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You could start by contacting the app developer for status regarding app availability. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tkhank

this thing is spreading..... unitconverter, flixer i cant install them too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dickson325

I cant download any application on my phone or from the store. I created an account with Microsoft with all the necessary information's but anytime. I try to install an application, the phone tells me there is a problem with my account by I don't know what the problem is. Please help me out.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Dickson325 wrote:
I cant download any application on my phone or from the store. I created an account with Microsoft with all the necessary information's but anytime. I try to install an application, the phone tells me there is a problem with my account by I don't know what the problem is. Please help me out.
Dickson325, did you try installing apps through windowsphone.com? On your pc, go to www.windowsphone.com, login with your microsoft account and click on install button to send the app to your phone. 
Also after logging into windowsphone.com, go to Settings->e-mail+accounts on your phone and re-enter your microsoft account password there.

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.