Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

IMEI invalid, why?

Advisor
gth1630

IMEI invalid, why?

I type the correct IMEI number in nokiafreecharger.com but it says invalid. I have contacted to the live chat and confirm the IMEI is right. But do get the reply on why the IMEI is invalid, should I wait for 14 days since my purchase?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: IMEI invalid, why?

Perhaps you should try contacting Nokia Care directly using the Nokia Support tab at the bottom of this page. They should be abke to help you with this or otherwise point you in the right direction. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gth1630

yeah, I did this. They know my phone type after I telling them the IMEI number and they just ask why I need to use it but not answer why it didnot valid. It seems the problem occur to orange pay as you go phones.

Please use plain text.
flashmanandy

Well you need to wait 14 days due to returns policy

http://support.phones4u.co.uk/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=10361757&channelID=10&portalPageId...

It might not be a supported IMEI yet

Please use plain text.
flashmanandy

Terms and conditions

"purchased a qualifying Nokia Lumia 820 or Nokia Lumia 920 promotional handset available through any P4U store, online or call centre between"

Where did you but your phone from? EE?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I am sure they will get to the bottom if it. Just have to give them a chance to figure it out first.   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gth1630

[ Edited ]

but the IMEI is not valid occurs not only in Freecharger page but also entering in diagnostic, support repair page. Do they even do not provide support for the EE phones?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Only the retailer can help you with this, it is their issue, not Nokia's. There is nothing that Nokia or the users of this forum can do to help you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thechowman

im having the same problem. i called nokia first who then told me to call microsoft who then told me to call AT&T. finally they told me to call nokia.If they keep doing this to me i would rather pay the 400 dollar fee to cancel the plan and get an Apple I Phone

Please use plain text.