Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

INCREASE VIBRATION STRENGTH!

Advisor
Savo83

INCREASE VIBRATION STRENGTH!

THE VIBRATION STRENGTH IN THE DIAGNOSTIC MODE IS MUCH STRONGER THAN THAT OF WHICH YOU GET WHEN YOU RECEIVE A CALL OR SMS!

CAN THIS PLEASE BE ADDRESSED!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yury_A

Re: INCREASE VIBRATION STRENGTH!

I second this request. Vibration during call is very weak and it's pretty much useless.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maijay

3rded :smileyhappy:

I often don't notice it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

The strength of vibration in the diag app vs. receiving a call feels about the same to me, however the call one being two pulses would be less noticeable.

I would say leave the strength untouched, but keep the vibration going when the phone is ringing.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
seventeenAPG

It certainly does need a revisit in a future f/w update. Not good enough the way it is now.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Occams_Cat

Agreed - it's far too weak as it is.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

I think RussU has it.. the strength is not too bad; although a bit stronger would be better this is probably limited by the hardware. However if you use a longer ringtone the vibration only happens at the very start so is very easily missed. If you're on vibe only it happens twice then as long as severrraaaalllllllllll seconds before any further notification that your phone is going off!

A higher occurrence of vibe would probably sort most people out on this one.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Savo83

Please tell me I'm not in the minority here?  The vibration strength is rediculous!  In my office I can't even hear it, my colleagues Sensation XL is fine (actually, it's about the same as every other phone I've used).

When you test it in the diagnostic application, it's much stronger that it is on the standard alert.  Come on Nokia, it surely can't be that difficult to adjust.

Is no-one else finding this a bit of a nightmare?!

Please use plain text.
Braak

This is a major issue and Nokia is doing nothing about it. Not even a word on this forum. When Apple had their antenna problem with the IPhone 4, they offered refund to their customers, even though you could use the phone normally by just holding it differently. People have been talking about this issue for years (search "nokia weak vibrate" on Google), but the problem remains.

Because of this problem, you are not notified of incoming calls when in vibrator mode (ie most of the time, for me). So you're left with a phone you use for outgoing calls only. This is a more serious issue than Apple's poorly designed antenna.

When I put my phone in my pocket and that I call myself from another phone, I can't feel anything at all, even though I know it's vibrating (I can check it by putting my hand inside my pocket), even though I carefully pay attention to it. I don't even hear the sound of the vibrations, even in a silent environment.

I just bought my phone (Nokia 700) and feel ripped off. It's like I just trashed 300 dollars. The specs says the phone has a vibrator, but it's as if there were no vibrator at all. I rely mostly on the vibrator, so this phone is useless for me. I will never, never buy a Nokia anymore.

Please use plain text.
benlawrence

I think the vibration strength is great. Its great that I don't 'hear' the phone vibrating, especially when it is on the desk. I agree though that maybe there could be more pulses of vibration when a call is coming in.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sensonic

[ Edited ]

NOKIA should really do something for all the customers who are requesting stronger vibration alert to their Lumias. But I guess then you'd have the physically replace internal parts which would become very expensive. Therefore it seems that they're not willing to do anything to fix this issue and are really, really quiet about this.

I'm a Finnish guy who has NEVER EVER used NOKIA before. I've used Ericssons, Panasonics, HTCs and tried carefully to not get stuck with NOKIA phones since I don't like Symbian. But now when NOKIA started to use Windows I thought I'd give it a try. So about three weeks ago I got Lumia 710.

Three things which would need IMMEDIATE FIX!:

-vibration alert to be MUCH STRONGER. The current one is a lousy joke compared to my older Panasonics and HTCs.

-rSAP for Bluetooth. That is needed to get a better connection to the bluetooth handsfree system of VAG company cars (Audi, Seat, Skoda, VW). VAG is one of the biggest car manufacturer and if the phone company cannot implement that small but yet to needed feature to their Windows Phones, the owners of VAG cars will go for Android, that's for sure.

-file explorer.  in my opinion that should be standard to each'n'every NOKIA Lumia.

Now I'm just waiting. Let's hope that I wouldn't have to wait too long and swap back to HTC...

Moderator's note; suggestion of unofficial ways to change phone OS and possibly invalidate device warranty removed. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
WANT_TETHERING

Darn, I was really hoping to find an "unofficial ways to change [my] phone OS and possibly invalidate device warranty", why'd you have to edit it out? The lack of tethering has had me scouring the internet for ways to add it myself.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sensonic

Well, my post contained a way to jailbreak your Lumia 710 unit but at the same time it's gonna void the warranty of your precious phone so that's why it was removed.

However, should I've known the limitations of Windows Phone 7 (compared to old Windows Mobile), I've never started to mess with WP7.

No-one has really done anything regarding that poor vibration alert of Lumia 710 but that's crystal clear: you should change the internal components of a phone to make it vibrate more strongly and that'd cost a lot of money to NOKIA. Therefore they're keeping really quiet about it and not offering any good solution to fix the problem.

Another one which I dislike is the absence of file explorer. By using the means which were edited off from my text, you could also get a proper file explorer to your phone. And I'd really much like to have it to my phone. So in the end I have two alternatives:

1. modify my phone and void the warranty. Unfortunately the vibration alert cannot be fixed by a software upgrade but other things I'd need could be fixed in that way.

2. wait for NOKIA to take some actions to fix those problems. And that rSAP would still be very nice addition to bluetooth section :-)

Please use plain text.