Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

IRRESPONSIVE TOUCH SCREEN OF LUMIA 520

Registered Member
truth19

IRRESPONSIVE TOUCH SCREEN OF LUMIA 520

Hi everyone,

I am Ravi from India I purchased nokia lumia 520, 1 month back and really regretting my choice:smileysad:

This phone hangs up too often and the screen is least responsive, (JUST SEE THE IRONY NOKIA WAS ADVERTISING THE SUPER SENSITIVE SCREEN OF LUMIA BY SHOWING THAT IT WORKS WITH EVEN GLOVE IN HANDS).  THE TOUCH SCREEN RESPONSES WHEN IT WISHES TO OTHERWISE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE IT WORK. I AM NOT INTO HEAVY GAMING OR OTHER BIG APPS, SO I DON'T THINK THERE IS SOME MEMORY REASON BEHIND THIS PROBLEM (AT PRESENT4.98 GB MEMORY IS FREE IN MY PHONE). I ALSO CLOSE ALL THE BACKGROUND TASKS SO WHY THIS TOUCH PROBLEM. IN MY VIEWS THIS PHONE LUMIA 520 OF MINE IS A TOTAL JUNK. I SHALL BE SOON POSTING VIDEOS OF IRRESPONSIVE TOUCHSCREEN OF LUMIA 520 ON YOUTUBE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN BE MADE AWARE OF THEY ARE BUYING. 

I have been a nokia fan since many years,

• purchased nokia 1108 in 2003
  • purchased nokia 2100 in 2004
  • purchased nokia n72 in 2007
  • purchased nokia e71 in 2010
  • and now truly regretting LUMIA 520. (I THINK NOKIA CANNOT MAKE GOOD TOUCH SCREEN PHONE)

IF NOKIA FEELS ANY COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS THEN PLEASE ANSWER MY MESSAGE :smileyindifferent: OTHERWISE I CAN UNDERSTAND THE QUALITY :sleeping:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: IRRESPONSIVE TOUCH SCREEN OF LUMIA 520

Has it even occured to you that if all Lumia 520's behaved like yours, there would be millions of people complaining here? Sounds to me like you have a faulty handset and should get it checked out at your local Nokia Care Point.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

your first post... :/

you have had nokia devices for a long time, then you should know the quality, and it sounds like it, then i would imagine that you would recognize that you have a bad unit.

if it is new, return it, exchange it! it doesnt make sense for someone who has been happy with 4 nokia devices over 10 years to be so upset as to want to tell the world about it without first at least seeing the obvious. dont you think?

put it back in the box, take it back to where you purchased it, and ill bet if you are nice about it, they will have a new device in your hands, stock permitting, in a few moments and you will be happy with your new lumia 520. :smileywink:
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
galisuresh

hi   this is suresh from chennai...

truth19 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am Ravi from India I purchased nokia lumia 520, 1 month back and really regretting my choice:smileysad:

This phone hangs up too often and the screen is least responsive, (JUST SEE THE IRONY NOKIA WAS ADVERTISING THE SUPER SENSITIVE SCREEN OF LUMIA BY SHOWING THAT IT WORKS WITH EVEN GLOVE IN HANDS).  THE TOUCH SCREEN RESPONSES WHEN IT WISHES TO OTHERWISE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE IT WORK. I AM NOT INTO HEAVY GAMING OR OTHER BIG APPS, SO I DON'T THINK THERE IS SOME MEMORY REASON BEHIND THIS PROBLEM (AT PRESENT4.98 GB MEMORY IS FREE IN MY PHONE). I ALSO CLOSE ALL THE BACKGROUND TASKS SO WHY THIS TOUCH PROBLEM. IN MY VIEWS THIS PHONE LUMIA 520 OF MINE IS A TOTAL JUNK. I SHALL BE SOON POSTING VIDEOS OF IRRESPONSIVE TOUCHSCREEN OF LUMIA 520 ON YOUTUBE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN BE MADE AWARE OF THEY ARE BUYING. 

I have been a nokia fan since many years,

• purchased nokia 1108 in 2003
  • purchased nokia 2100 in 2004
  • purchased nokia n72 in 2007
  • purchased nokia e71 in 2010
  • and now truly regretting LUMIA 520. (I THINK NOKIA CANNOT MAKE GOOD TOUCH SCREEN PHONE)

IF NOKIA FEELS ANY COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS THEN PLEASE ANSWER MY MESSAGE :smileyindifferent: OTHERWISE I CAN UNDERSTAND THE QUALITY :sleeping:

mee to same problem.. unable to lift the call when call comes due to irresponsive touch screen..i bought it 3 weeks ago...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Return to your reseller or a nokia care point..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saih

I have the same problem of touch hanging when someone calls..i took it to nokia care he re-installed os but still the problem continues.....what shud i do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saih

[ Edited ]

there are already three people in this discussion having the same problem.....

Moderator's Note: Part of the message was edited out as inappropriate word was used.

Please use plain text.
AshiKumar

I too have similar issue with my 5 month old phone. I had taken it to Nokia Care Centre and then this issue started. Else it was perfectly alright all these days.

Please use plain text.
AshiKumar

The issue somehow seems to have resolved after performing update of Display & Touch which was post my Hard reset. It has been 24hrs since no flickering.

Please use plain text.
nishaann

Even I am facing problem in nokia lumia 520, sometimes touch doesnt work . But frankly I am saying, I was always used nokia mobiles only, & I loved it . I thought the same with nokia lumia 520 and bought . But really disappointed with this bad touch quality of this phone . I bought itrecently, may be 1.5 months back. Can anyone suggest what to do on this now ?
Please use plain text.
nishaann

One more question ,Can anyone tell me Nokia lumia 520 is made in china or ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ nishaann - Try a Soft Reset :  Press Power + Volume(down) keys until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds). Phone will Reboot. Check if it makes any difference. 

BTW whether made in China or elsewhere there is NO compromise on quality. Not specifically for Nokia Lumia 520 in subject, but you may refer THIS for further clarification ..

Please use plain text.
nishaann

I tried that also, but always it is having problem . For ex: If I am clicking one icon, it may open another one . And while typing messages and all, some times it wont take and will need to rotate and then try that alpahbets again to type that . And I am having only 2 games in mine. One is temple run ,that also is not working properly . Feeling really disappointed .

Please use plain text.
pnramesh24

I also purchased the Lumina 520 on October5th after that it was hanged 3 times.

1. I cant unlock the screen, then i was trying to switch off d mobile but i could not switch off because the touch was not working. then i was removed the battery then it works.

2. some one was called me at the time i was trying to swiff up the touch it wont works. again i was switch off and used.

3. one day morning simply the touch was not working again i was remove the battery and switch on the mobile.

So kindly do the alternative for this problem because, we cant remove our battery daily to use the phone. if we are in urgent suituvation what we will do. even we cant take number.

Also we could not transfer the Nokia PC siute contacts backup to Lumina520 even it from the same NOKIA.

if the NOKIA done this job its very easy to all NOKIA customers.

i have manually added 650 contacts to lumina. it taks one day. Think it,  can we spent a whole day to transfer the

contacts at busiest life.

it is very heactic if its hangs in busy time of calling or attending the phone or browsing.

i am the NOKIA lover, past 11 years am using NOKIA.

Can NOKIA answer my request?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked that you are up to date with the latest firmware for your device, and that you are up to date with all the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store? i believe that transferring contacts/messages would be done thru SkyDrive thru Nokia suite, or you could have done so using the Transfer My Data app from the Store that you could have used between the 520 and your old Nokia phone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
susg

Needs several taps to ignore an action..feeks that the mob got hanged?!.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
susg

Several taps required to ignite an action
Please use plain text.
musica

Hi, susg. What fixes have you tried to resolve this? When did the issue start to happen? Does this happen all the time or intermittently?

Have you tried setting the touch sensitivity to high? Go to Settings > Touch > Touch Sensitivity. How about restarting the phone? Do not forget to remove the battery. You can also press and hold both the volume down and power keys until the phone vibrates and starts up.

Are the system apps all up-to-date, BTW? Download this app to check: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/lumia-system-updater/5be8fe18-6c8c-4339-b689-a8024cd4c3f...

We'll wait for your response.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anil_ec

Hi All,

Facing the same issue most of the time. After long calls touch screen becomes irresponsive. To get the touch

screen back i have to restart the phone bye removing the battery.

I think sooner i have to give my lumia 520 to nokia care.

Can any one give advice to resolve this issue as frequency of this problem is getting increased. It can't be firmware issue as i am updating the same on regular basis.

Regards,

Anil

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi, anil_ec. Please refer to my above post.

When did the issue start to happen? Aside from restarting the phone, what other fixes have you tried to solve this?

Is the phone running Lumia Black already? Are the system apps updated? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/lumia-system-updater/5be8fe18-6c8c-4339-b689-a8024cd4c3f...

Final Banner
Please use plain text.