Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: [ Interesting Bug : Nokia Lumia 610 ]

Contributor
sundeep610

[ Interesting Bug : Nokia Lumia 610 ]

Hi,

When we receive a call, usually a phone left user with 2 options: Accept or Reject. And before that it follows profile settings .... ring or vibrate / both.

But here, when I receive call, before accepting or rejecting a call it starts transmitting voice of another end over load-speaker of echoic nature till the time I accept or reject the call. This doesnot happen for all the calls but I need to wait for its occurrance to prove it, after trying several call attempts. I have followed diagnostic steps but found no problem as such.

When I went Nokia Care:

1st Visit: They updated software but it again happened 2 days after

2nd Visit: They told me the problem lies with Tata Docomo Network and to try another-one.

Here are my phones details...

OS Version: 7.10.8779.8

Firmware Revision Number: 1066.0000.8779.12201

Hardware Revision Number: 112.1569.1.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.66.00

Radio Hardware Version: 7227A

Bootloader Version: 7.17.2.0

Chip SOC version: 0.97.1.1

So, how to evalutate -- Is this a handset problem? or OS / firmware problem? or Operator problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sundeep610

UPDATE:

After using AirTel for a couple of months, this occurs twice.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

seems like a network problem....try using different operator's sim card and also the problem could be your area related.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sundeep610

I have tried - Tata Docomo, Aircel, and Airtel.

Tata Docomo (15-20 Days) : It occurs frequently after 2-3 days once we reset windows 7.5 (format/recovery). If we diagnosis lumia's loud speaker using ##634# it produces echoic sound; the transmitted voice seems as if multiplexed with this sound.

Aircel (1 week) : It occures twice after 4 days of windows 7.5 reset (format/recovery).

Airtel (2 months now) : It occurs 7-8 times and rarely -- very unpredictable!! Plus, a new symptom came when we receive a normal call it turns in that mode (transmitting voice of another end) for 1-2 seconds and then reverts to normal, and this is almost every time.

My location is Pune, Maharashtra, India and am in touch with my friends owning Nokia Lumia 610..... all are happy except... me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anusha_6739

I am also facing the same problem. I am using Vodafone connection and it does not seem to be a network problem or something. Its an issue with the handset. Its really frustrating when before accepting a call, the sound from other end starts echoing at speaker mode.Its embarrasing too. I am also facing some other issues like when i try to accept a call, sometimes screen gets unresponsive!! Touch doesnt work!! This is really irritating and not at all expected from NOKIA!!! 
I just want to know if this is a kind of bug issue in LUMIA or problem with my handset!! 

Please use plain text.