Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet Sharing not working

Counsellor
pavanpopi

Internet Sharing not working

I am having Nokia Lumia 710 with Vodafone(India) 2G activated.

I have updated my phone to latest firmware and OS and got hte Internet sharing option in my settings tab, But even then I am unable to share internet.

Others are able to connect to my network if I share but when they try to browse internet,none of the internet pages are opening. Then I have tried to share my internet to my laptop(Windows 7 OS). I was able to connect but I was unable to surf anything.  

Can anyone help me finding the issue?

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Re: Internet Sharing not working

You need a 3G/H connection. Sharing a 2G connection would be extremely slow..

Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi,

If you go into your settings > mobile network make sure the highest connection speed is set to highest or 3G.

Regards
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sithick

I'm using Nokia Lumis 710.Internet Sharing is not working for me too even though I connect with 3G.
In mobile the speed is normally 1mbps.
But if connect my computer with Internet Sharing, it can't open a single website.
Please help me
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Sithick

Are you sure your network provider allows tethering?

Regards
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

As Raoul_Duke mentions: Check that your carrier does not block this.

Also try restarting your phone.
Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lumu_lumo

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest Network Set-up app from nokia. With the option to edit APN and updating to correct one(manually) wifi-sharing is now working on my phone.

You can search the web for APN setting for your carriers below is example of site:

http://www.webmessenger.com/support/APN.jsp

Please use plain text.