Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet Sharing problem in lumia 520

Contributor
aspiringme
Accepted Solution

Internet Sharing problem in lumia 520

[ Edited ]

hi there..
i have this problem with my lumia 520, i am unable to turn on internet sharing option in settings. everytime it says, "internet sharing currently unavailable". i checked, my phone is up to date. i tried every setting but failed. i could use hotspot using the same sim card in my android phone. what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krishnie

Re: Internet Sharing problem in lumia 520

I cannot seem to connect to the internet on my PC using internet sharing also I have transferred music from PC to my phone but cannot set any songs as ringtones please assist
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aspiringme

Try moving your music file in phone memory.
Please use plain text.
Mounis56

If nokia lumia series fails. the only reason behind that is the "internet sharing". Can anybody have a permanent solution. 😈
Please use plain text.
Mounis56

I am very disappointed with my Nokia Lumia 520.☹
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aspiringme

Finally Its working.. I got an update for access point alongwith other updates.. Then in access point I activated the new profile which ws added by update and now internet sharing is working well ! and I got another option Storage Check in settings. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
praneeth720

@aspiringme

even i got access point updated, but i don't know the effect of update.. On my internet sharing..
Please use plain text.
seehra5

aspiringme

Hi, I've got the same problem. I can get internet on the phone but I get the same msg when I try to share. Did you get the update from Nokia or Phone Co ? My phone is updated to the latest software.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mastermind01

Hi,

I also got an update for access point. here, you will more than likely get to see another network profile. select that one, and then re-select the initial profile, then go back to internet sharing. Should work. Works for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mukhmoor

Internet sharing not working even after update on my Lumia 520. Please help me in this regard.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi Mukhmoor,

Are you having an error when activating the Internet Sharing? Have you tried rebooting your phone? Make sure that your data connection is turned on. Go to Settings > Mobile network > Data connection > On. Also, ensure that you have the correct internet settings from your operator. You can also try to verify with your operator if they support the Internet Sharing feature.

If this will not help you, please tell us more about it so we can further check it.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
altaf121

Internet sharing not working even after update on my Lumia 520. Please help me in this regard.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
martinmrovec

Same problem here - solved by downloading and running system app called Access point!!!

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achim24

Can anyone help me? I'm having the same problem about INTERNET SHARING . Please help me out..
Please use plain text.
babadoko

I am unable to turn on internet sharing option on m'y lumia 1020, each time i tried to turn on internet sharing i get the message " Internet Sharing isnt currently available" does any one have a clue pls
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anbuamsa

Also me i have same problem
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi, babadoko and Anbuamsa.

Are your devices locked to particular network operator? Do you have data plan services from them?

Did you manage to enable this feature before? If yes, you may try to remove the SIM card and replace it back.

Another thing to try is to check if the Access Point System app is updated:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
greggalo1

I'm having the same problem. Went from at&t to straight talk. Downloaded access point and nothing.
Please use plain text.