Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is it normal for the Lumia 800 to lock up?

Vexee

Is it normal for the Lumia 800 to lock up?

[ Edited ]

Hello; I have the 800 (Megenta) and basically the phone is freezing to a complete lock up around once a week. It mainly does it when typing a text with my music on in the background through Nokia Music (3rd Party Headphones). I've had the phone 2 months, first freezed into a lock up within 2 or 3 weeks. The screen goes into max brightness and the music cuts dead, have to hold power button for around 30 seconds before the phone reset, wiping recent texts off the phone. 

Running Firmware 12070; however I did it myself rather then wait for my Network provider to release; HOWEVER the phone does run fine and I have no problems with my network so I don't think this has anything to do with it. The audio does have bass and the phone runs fairly fluent, a little lag once in a blue moon but that normally sorts itself out quickly. 

I have Hard Reset once or twice before; if this is to do with my firmware install is it possible to actually clean the phone completely and do a fresh install of 12070 or the firmware before? & does manual installing rather then waiting for your Networks own "approval" of the firmware actually really make much difference?

Must be noted! I don't really have any battery bugs other then I can't get Battery Dignostics like Battery Health, I get Discharge but not max charge and my phone estimates at around 1day 15 hours on full charge, pull around 20+ hours depending on usage (currently 77% at 11 hours and thats around 2 hours music, some texts, few email syncs and maybe a dozen or so web page surfing via E) and discharges at around 1% an hour on its own while in 2G with Wifi etc off but Sync on. Using 2G or 3G/Wifi to surf completely kills the battery though, 2 or 3 hours of 3G/Wifi and the phone is pretty much dead :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

it's a bug. happened to me twice, both while listening music and doing something else. one time I pressed the button to skip to next song and FREEZE. The other I was unlocking the screen and voilá FREEZE.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

my phone just froze again. scrolling a webpage while listening music.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zekahz

Also happens to me. Always when music is playing and often while browsing the web. I think it happens about twice a week. It is annoying, but it is livable since the phone restarts super super fast. I think (hope) this will be fixed in future updates.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dansercoer

So Nokia, when will you fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LEDJPS

Good luck in getting a response from nokia (I even emailed one of the nokia peeps from this board but never got a reply). The issue effected my Lumia 800 which was with the latest official software. There are a few topics on here regarding this issue of the music player freezing the phone. In the end I simply left nokia altogether and went for another brand as I tried everything I could think of, but could not find a workaround to the problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
newby2012

My 800 has started doing this tonight with nothing to do with music. I think it happened when I got a text and the phone was connected to a bluetooth phone kit. Cannot get it to unlock. Help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cherbabes1997

thank you this was very handy to know how to start it back up again
Please use plain text.