Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Is my Lumia 520 ruined or what?

PabloTapia

Is my Lumia 520 ruined or what?

Hi everyone! Hope that someone could help me with this! I got my brand new Lumia 520 the other day, quite fascinated with the UI and everything. As I first had iphone 5, I needed an adaptor for the nano sim to fit into Lumias micro-sim slot. Everything was working fine, until I wanted to switch the sim (back to my iphone - needed to check something), the sim got stuck into Lumias slot. I tried to push it out, until I managed to do it, but the contact areas on the slot itself got harmed and crooked! 

So now, to the real question: Is it possible to fix the contact area of the sim-card slot/contact areas, or should I just forget about this phone working properly? I called to "experts" in Nokias here in Malmö, Sweden, and they told me that i´m screwed since the sim-card reader is hooked to the motherboard on the phone, and any repair on it could kill the phone! 

Any suggestions? Should I just order another one? (it´s currently on sale) 

Thank you in advance!

P

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Is my Lumia 520 ruined or what?

Ironically as it would be an expensive repair with motherboard replacement at Western European labour rates, it may certainly be cheaper to purchase a new unit.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
PabloTapia

Ok, thank you for such fast response! Will be ordering a new one tonight, since i´m now hooked to wp8 and Nokia! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

I would ask for a price first just to be sure.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

Certainly from UK (throwaway wasteful society) perspective brand new SIM free example http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BM24PMY/ref=asc_df_B00BM24PMY14455771?smid=AV174NO3SHKWF&tag=reevoocom...

compared with parts/labour wasted travel time/fuel to Care facility (2 journeys) there is no contest.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

I Beg to differ depending on resources which can be argued.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.