Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is my lumia 900 having some issues?

Registered Member
juansiahaan

Is my lumia 900 having some issues?

Hello everyone, I want to ask all of you about some issues in my phone. First, is that the phone doesn't vibrate when there's an imcoming call although the phone is set to ring and vibrate.

Next one is that there's no start up tune played when I turn on my phone.

Does anybody have the same issues? How can I solve/set those things?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It doesnt play a tune when powering up so you are fine there. 

With regards to the phone not vibrating when called, you could try a reset but make sure you sync your data beforehand so you can sync it back afterwards. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juansiahaan

I've reset it but the condition is still the same, does this have to be brought to a Nokia service center? The vibration actually works when it's set to vibrate only...is this a defect of the hardware or the OS itself?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That is strange and would indicate the hardware is fine. Are you sure you have vibrate enabled in settings>ringtones+sounds?

Another thing about the vibrate on the windowsphones is unlike the other Nokia's which vibrate continuously along with the ringtone, it vibrates just a few times first and then stops and the ringtone takes over. The two does not happen at the same time and it does not vibrate anymore after those first few times. Maybe this is what you are experiencing.

Please use plain text.