Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Issue with nokia lumia 900 touch capacitive bu...

Advisor
Breaker119

Re: Issue with nokia lumia 900 touch capacitive buttons

Make it quick. :smileywink: I plan to try to do another exchange this afternoon
Please use plain text.
jinfluence

Kosh wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience

Kosh

I'm glad to hear that you are looking into it.  I have noticed it on my phone as well.  Whenever playing something through the speaker for a while the back button either becomes unresponsive or will act as if I held the button rather than tapped it.  I have seen this when playing music and playing games.  Magically when I plug headphones in the buttons immediately begin working again.  I went into an AT&T store yesterday to see if they had a fix or could swap a new phone out with me but they did not have any in stock.  They had not seen the issue before but I was able to reproduce it for them.

I'd rather not exchange the phone but I am afraid the problem will become more prevalent after I have the opportunity to exchange or return.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omoitsurugi

I've also been having the problem, i will be going to AT&T tomorrow to see if i can get a replacement.

Whenever i use skype, youtube, anything really, it doesn't matter how i hold it, if i'm not holding it, i can reporduce it if needed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WPRocks

Same problem. Happens only when playing music over speakers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
noideas4myname

I just wanted to chime in and report that I experience the same exact problem described in this thread. While in a call, the buttons just quit working and seemingly shut off at one point and I couldn't go back to look at my calendar. Then, all of a sudden, the voice command starts popping up. I can't close it quick either because the back button becomes unresponsive. It's very irritating since I typically check things while on a call all the time. I can't do that with this phone until the problem is fixed. 

I would like to keep my device if at all possible, so I'm hoping for a fix - but if that doesn't come soon I may go in to a store to see about trading mine for one that works. 

Please use plain text.
redkaras

I have the same problem when playing music without earpiece. I have to stop the music and press many times to go back. 

sometime when I press it bring me to the multi screen selection. 

I notice before the back key start working again the right side of screen will show a blue line. then the back key is responsive again.

I think it is a software problem. Please release some update soon.

Please use plain text.
dobber

I notice this problem while using Netflix with audio from the speaker. Every couple minutes it will jump to the Bing search. I'm not even touching the phone when this happens.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
purpletatoe

I played with my replacement over the weekend and still no problems!  I reinstalled all of the apps I had before and more, and based on what others have said it seems like the problem is due to a hardware defect.

Interestingly, the phone I got as a replacement from amazon had a lower imei number... not sure if these numbers are sequential and correlate to production time.  Both were made in Korea.

Please use plain text.
NokRu

Same problem here.

Cyan Lumia 900 from Microsoft Retail Store (Los Angeles - for issue tracking purpose). We actually got two of those. Looks like only one has this issue. Somtimes pressing "Back" button doesn't produce any actions.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnhepburn1967

I have the exact same problem on my phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhi1509

I am seeing the same. Tell me launches randomly.. can't press the back button to go out of it.

Also the back button sometimes stop respondong.

I got my phone from Microsoft Store in Seattle.

Please use plain text.
prowade

Hey all,

I also bought the Cyan Lumia 900 on release and installed all of the same apps that I had previously on my Samsung Focus. And I have only had the capacitive button problem on the Lumia.

There is also a thread over at www.wpcentral.com talking about the same issue and it seems to be directly related to the audio. Whether through games, music, or calls with the speaker phone. I mostly notice the back button going out, but I have had the Windows key also malfunction. When I press it it is considered a long press and ask for a voice command.

I sure would like to know if it can be fixed via software or if there is something wrong with the hardware....

Please use plain text.
eknutson

I too am seeing this issue.  We have a thread going at XDA as well - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1601250

I'm having the same symptoms as others have listed here.  I may be headed to the AT&T store, but I'm waiting a little bit to see if a resolution can be found first.

Please use plain text.
marcham93

I am also having this issue and would like to know if it is a software/firmware issue or a faulty device.

It seems to be a big issue with a lot of people so I am hoping it is a simple software/firmware fix for the device.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Breaker119

I hadn't thought too much about the capacitive button problem because it only happened when playing games and I was normally using headphones at that time.  Now I am thinking much more about it and how very wrong it is!  I tried using Skype last night for video chat and sure enough the calls kept getting interrupted due to the bug. 

Time to acknowledge, Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

In order to be able to aid the investigation into this behaviour I would appreciate if you could provide me with the following information in a PM;

ref; capacitive buttons

Device model

Device IMEI number

OS version

firmware and hardware revision number

a short but detailed desctiption of your experience with this

You will find this information in Settings > About > more information

Again, send the information IN A PERSONAL MAIL and NOT in a reply to this post as this is personal information we do not want you to post in public.

Thanks for your co-operation and patience!

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shobiz

Thanks OP for posting this.  I have all the problems metion.  I even think having the soft touch case is making the matter worse.  Please fix.  I dont want to change phones. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gahbmwm5

Thank you Kosh-Nokia for responding...PM sent.:smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kcwallace

PM message sent
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Idelgado782

Pm sent. I too am having this issue. I would prefer not to switch my phone especially if it can be fixed via an update.
Please use plain text.