Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Issues with Lumia 610

Registered Member
dave0308

Issues with Lumia 610

First of all Lumia 610 is a great looking phone with beautiful OS and everything, but there are some issues which steal the sheen from it:

1. I just can't understand why some simple third party apps like Whatsapp, GChat, etc, work so slow in Lumia 610. I bought this phone yesterday. I was in a dilemma whether to buy the 710 or the 610. I still bought the 610 because what I thought was that only some heavy applications could pose a problem with the 256MB RAM of 610. Since, I don't use many heavy apps, I thought it would work fine for me. But, what I'm experiencing now is that even simple apps like Whatsapp run really slow. It takes around 10-15 seconds to open an app and start using it, which is a really long time. This is very disappointing as I end up spending more time in opening the apps than actually using them.
2. Some simple apps like Google search are not even available for this phone. I don't seem to understand why such a simple and light app would require more RAM.
3. Setting custom ringtones is a pain in the rear. This is a basic functionality any phone should be able to provide. But in a Lumia, I can't set desired songs as a ringtone without going through a long process of cutting and compressing them to the required size.

4. File transfer is also tideous but it can be ignored with Zune. Still I think it should have been easier and more direct through Bluetooth/USB.

Overall, I can still ignore the last three limitations in the phone, but I can't seem to stand the poor app performance. I hope this issue gets resolved asap, otherwise this phone is bound to fail. I'm already regretting the buy. I could have spend little more bucks and bought a Lumia 710 rather.

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

1. When purchasing a low-end phone, you have to take into account that apps will not run as fast as on higher end phones. On the other hand, the price of the phone is very good.

2. It is up to Google to create a version of their apps for Windows Phone. Since Google are invested in Android, they don't spend much time on other platforms.

3. You can simplify the process by using an app like EasyRing (and download existing ringtones).

4. Micrsoft has listened to this complaint and Windows Phone 8 will be much improved in this area.

Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dave0308

I know it's a low-end phone and apps won't run as fast as compared to 710 or 800. But, they shouldn't run this slow even. I mean 10-15 seconds is a lot of time to open an app.

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Some apps could definitely take that long on low-end phones. Hopefully you can live with this and if we are lucky, it will be improved in future OS and firmware updates.
Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kleighh

I have the same gripe with the phone.
The ringtone story is ridiculous, even simple phones can instantly use any song as a ringtone or message tone.
I also wish there was more customisation... I wish I could change the black / white background to whatever I want.
I also wish I had more ringtone profiles.
The greatest problem is the slow application switching, mainly for whatsapp. I have never experienced whatsapp to be so slow! Whatsapp is my main form of communication and I now have to wait, what feels like forever, to send a message. My old symbian, Nokia 5230 has super fast mutlitasking compared to this phone.
I have had this phone for less than a week and I'm planning on selling it, I'm even considering getting another 5230!
Please use plain text.
torybasher

I have the same frustrations with this phone as do the previous contributors, what makes it worse is that the 610 is a well built phone, with some endearing features, but with bluetooth issues, app issues, and ringtone issues along with the no SD card issue and Zune, grrr I am becoming well **bleep** off. These are school boy errors that Nokia should have learnt by now and something the MD should have woken up to before he made the ridiculous statement the the British don't like windows phones. Er...der... If you got the software and OS correct we might well warm to Nokia once more, I so yearn for my E51 and N95! I was originally going for a higher spec Lumia, I am so pleased I didn't. Will windows be Nokia's renaissance, nope! I will be trading in my 610 and toddling down to the Android shop.

Please use plain text.
torybasher

Easy ring does not solve the issue Mr. 7thSense, Android will!
Please use plain text.
ruda7

hie guys....have a lumia 610 but cannot download images from whatsapp....what can be the problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pikkie

Whatsapp is super slow with notification errors. And I don't think the memory plays a role. A friend of mine bought the Samsung Galaxy Pocket, this is an entry level phone with the same ram, and the price is a lot cheaper of Lumia 610. And his phone Whatsapp is lightning fast.
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

pikkie wrote:
Whatsapp is super slow with notification errors. And I don't think the memory plays a role. A friend of mine bought the Samsung Galaxy Pocket, this is an entry level phone with the same ram, and the price is a lot cheaper of Lumia 610. And his phone Whatsapp is lightning fast.

I think memory plays a role. You should be comparing with Whatsapp on Lumia 710 or 800 with 512MB RAM instead of on an Android phone with the same RAM as 610. Different OS invalidate the comparision.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohitshirodkar

Hi,

I bought Lumia 610...all windows based application are faster..but the 3rd party applications are very slow...will the update to 7.8 version will solve the problem...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vky4raj

Hello,

I just got updated my lumia 610 to windows 7.8..

Got new features like reingtone maker through which i can set custome ringtones and also got bluetooth file transfer protocol..

But still applications from third parties are slow..ex.whatsapp..

May be due to lower processor (0.8)

Worst phone ever..

I am nokia user sisnce last 12 years ..this time nokia lost faith of mine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

So let's see, you buy an entry level phone which has lower specs then more expensive phones and you are aware of this. Still you complain about the fact it does not perform as fast as the higher specced phones.

How is Nokia or Windows Phone at fault here?

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
jtalma

My Nokia Lumia 610 was running slowly and was glitching a little.

So I decided to switch it off and now it won't go past the 'Nokia' screen when I put it on. What do I do now? It's hardly a month since I have it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rwarren2

I can't wait to get rid of my Nokia 610.

I have always had Nokia phones fron the Brick days.

Never again.

I should have known when Microsoft got involved it would all turn pear shaped.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AbsolA7Seven

[ Edited ]

my friend has the 610 and he has no problems with it what so ever

Moerator's note: Post is edited. Please maintain the friendly environment of the Nokia Forum.

Please use plain text.