Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Just got an Lumia 800 stuck on Nokia loading scree...

Contributor
geoeri

Just got an Lumia 800 stuck on Nokia loading screen

[ Edited ]

Was installing apps from the marketplace while listenting to music via Spotify, suddenly the phone froze and got stuck. after a few tries i managed to restart the phone by holding the powerbutton in for aproximately 10s. now its stuck on the Nokia screen, hard reset didnt work (holding down - vol.down, power and camera button) soft reset didnt work, obviously. what am I suppposed to do now? I only played with it for 30 mins then it died? 

anyone got any tips?

edit: it also seems, its not charging via the adapter that came with it? upon additional soft resets holding powerbutton in) it comes up with battery icon with one red brick, then it seems to restart and vibrate, before it gets stuck on nokia screen again. until i reboot it again. will let it stay on the nokia screen for the night, let's see what happens. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

Re: Just got an Lumia 800 stuck on Nokia loading screen

The same thing happened to me, when i was listening to music, just hold down all the side buttons for a few seconds. I had to do it a few times till the phone acutally restarted, luckily it restarted and all my content was still intact. Now you know not to multi-task when performing a download on your phone.

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geoeri

Thanks  for the reply, does not help, I let it charge all night, on the nokia screen, didnt help. it still shows one red bar. what's wrong with this device?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

[ Edited ]

i do not have lumia yet nor do i know anything about performing resets on a windows phone device but isn't it easier for you to just take it back from where you bought and ask for replacement? (or possibly fix the current device). As you said you just got the device.

Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

I've had mine stuck on the red battery bar screen once, coincidentally it was also after a crash whilst using spotify. Don't think it made it to the Nokia logo though.

The method I used to revive it was combinations of holding power button whilst inserting and removing the charging cable. Took a good 10 minutes of messing about inserting the cable at different times but eventually it did wake up. It may be worth trying to see if it works.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

Try holding the pwoer and camera buttons for more than 10 seconds and it should reboot.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geoeri

I tried that, it just won't go forward after rebooting, it hangs on the Nokia screen.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geoeri

[ Edited ]

Spoke to Nokia Customer care, they made me go through the steps to hardreset and it didn't work. They are making me send it to a service outlet.

Reason why that is not possible, is because I do not have a receipt for the phone as I got it from Nokia on their launch party for retailers. Either I have to pay for the repairs myself else I'm going to trash this ***bleep*** phone. How can I sell this phone to customers when I'm having so much trouble with it myself. I don't want my customers to have as much trouble as I am having now. Won't be able to recommend this phone to other people. Too much hassle.

MODERATOR’S NOTE: Post has been edited as the wording was inappropriate. Please do not try to bypass smart filter.

Please use plain text.
gizmato

Exactly the same thing for me. And don't have the receipt either. Just a brick...

I had a fully discharged phone and tried to to charge it using softreset. But it didn't work. Then I got the situation geoeri mentioned and nothing helps now.

BTW I've bought this phone because I appreciated all those Nokia cellphones I got for the past 14 years and also I like the Metro UI.

But the last one was too much for me. I quit.

Please use plain text.
gizmato

Well after a night of charging (and discharging while unlimited loading) cycles I performed another one hardreset and it helped. Cell turned off right after showing the Win logo but that was enough to break the circle. I think the problem is that the power is not enough to perform the hardreset in full.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bbax

Well, I had the same problem approximately 5 seconds ago and I tried volume down button + lock button + camera button combination and it worked in a magical way :smileyindifferent: ? This is a hard reset combo but phone is still the same. I have my all data when I looked for confirmation.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Skipperr

Thank You so much. It helped me to make my phn restart just in one go.

Thanks a ton.

Please use plain text.