Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Just spoke with a rep: he says NO tethering ev...

Contributor
WANT_TETHERING

Just spoke with a rep: he says NO tethering ever.

I just had a very disappointing telephone conversation with an apologetic, but ultimately unhelpful Nokia rep.

I called asking about getting tethering and internet connection sharing on my Lumia 800 (on Virgun Mobile, Australia), and he flatly said that there is no tethering/ICS support for that phone, and there is no plans for it at all. I'm hoping that his extremely poor level of English speaking ability is at fault here, and that he was mistaken or miscommunicated. 

However, if what he says is true then I'm pretty damn miffed - and this makes my Lumia a $700 brick. I've spent the last 4 years telling everyone that 'Nokia doesn't make smartphones, buy a Samsung/iPhone/Motorola/Huawei/etc.', and this is what I get for my optimism when Nokia does finally try and make a smartphone :-(

It's a shame - the phone is lovely otherwise, and the maps thing has been great at leading me around Sydney - but it's all nothing without tethering. Going to return the phone if I can...

Please use plain text.
Employee
jazkat

Re: Just spoke with a rep: he says NO tethering ever.

Hi there,

Tethering for Lumia 800 is soon to be included in one of the upcoming software updates.  We’ll let you know when we have more information to share on this.

Apologies for the misinformation when you spoke with one of our support team members.  If you can please private message me with some of your details (name, mobile #, reference # if provided), we'd like to listen to your call as input to support team development.

Cheers

Peter

Nokia Care Australia

Please use plain text.
Contributor
met_turner

[ Edited ]

Please excuse my scepticism, but I was told in December 2011 that tethering would soon be included in a downloadable update.

Moderators notes: Baseless and inaccurate information removed.

Please use plain text.
davebee

[ Edited ]

Peter,

Will tethering also be soon available on the 710 ?

daveb..

jazkat wrote:

Hi there,

Tethering for Lumia 800 is soon to be included in one of the upcoming software updates. 

Please use plain text.