Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: L920 & BH-221 Playback issues

Advisor
Gunsmoke124

L920 & BH-221 Playback issues

I recently purchased both an L920 and a BH-221 headset, but have been having some issues with the BH-221.

When playing music, the next song in the list will not play. The "Play/Pause" icon on the phone is still in play mode, but the track sits at 0:00 and does not play until I press play, pause, play on the phone. This happens every 3 or 4 songs, sometimes after each song.

Also when recieving calls, I am unable to take the call using the headset.

I have tried the headset on two seperate L920's with the same results. is this a headset issue or a phone/software issue?

Please use plain text.
Pocan

I have the same issue, too.

When I use BH-221 to listen music from Lumia 920 playlist,

sometimes the next song in the list will not play,

and it is not work when I press the play/pasue button on BH-221.

Is this BH-221 issue or Lumia 920 issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

I have used my Motorola HT820 headset on my last three phones. It functions as it should with my 920.

Could be a headset issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jacam

When playing music, the next song in the list will not play. The "Play/Pause" icon on the phone is still in play mode, but the track sits at 0:00 and does not play until I press play, pause, play on the phone. This happens every 3 or 4 songs, sometimes after each song.

Also when recieving calls, I am unable to take the call using the headset.

I have tried the headset on two seperate L920's with the same results. is this a headset issue or a phone/software issue?

I have the same issue with Bh 221 and Lumia 820, its very annoying

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Orbity

I have the same playback issue with my BH-221 and Lumia 920.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gunsmoke124

I spoke to Nokia support and they advised me to take the unit and the phone in to the service center. I have 2 L920's and they both have the same issue with the headset. I don't have this issue with other BT headsets, so I suspect it's a problem with the BH-221.
Its very annoying as it depleats the purpose of Bluetooth if you have to keep fumbling about with your phone after every song.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
delirii

Hi,

I have a BH-221 and a Lumia 920 (no Portico update yet) and I have the exact same problems!

Plus, let me add a new one too: when listening the radio on my BH-221, every time I lock/unlock my Lumia, the radio stops... What the hell is that?!?

I've previsouly used my BH-221 with a Nokia N8 without any of these problems.

NOKIA: You owe us an ANSWER!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deezus

I have the same issue. I hear popping and cracking and skipping on my Jeep uconnect and my Bluebuds BT headpohones. And if i am internet sharing while listening to BT on my jeep it sounds very bad with constant popping and cracking and kipping not to mention phone freezes up and crashes evertime it disconnects bluetooth from car while internet sharing is on. I have contacted Nokia and I only get the try repaing unit and blah blah. I have repaired all devices over and over, I have started with a clean phone no apps and im on my third brand new phone and all of them exibited the same **bleep**ing issue!!! My 900 doesnt do this. Im going to call them one more time and if I dont get an answer or idea when a fix will be available this will be my last Nokia device!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Stoltenberg

Yeah. (I just started a similar thread. I didn't know this one existed). I have the same BH-221 and experience exactly the same issues..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gunsmoke124

I recently upgraded my phone to the latest updates from Nokia and Microsoft. Still have the same issue.

BUT... It's not the phone everyone. I have tested it with a BT headphone set from Sony Ericsson. Not only does the track name appear on the Sony Ericsson head set, but the playback is not hampered by the constant need to stop and start music. This suggests that the problem lies in the BH 221.

THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE BH 221.
I will take this to Nokia Repair and see if they have an answer for this problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Stoltenberg

I saw that a moderator confirmed that there is a known issue with this headset.
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Zubeh%C3%B6r/Nokia-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-BH-221-und-Lumia-920-Wie... (It's in german, but I just ran a google translate to read it)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gunsmoke124

Stoltenberg wrote:

I saw that a moderator confirmed that there is a known issue with this headset.
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Zubeh%C3%B6r/Nokia-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-BH-221-und-Lumia-920-Wie... (It's in german, but I just ran a google translate to read it)

Thanks, according to the moderators post, the problem is a known issue and microsoft are working on a fix, however the moderator was unable to indicate when the fix will be available.

I'll start a similar thread on the MS forums to see if MS can shed some light on this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Stoltenberg

So.. right now we don't know when or if this will be fixed. I need to buy another bluetooth device. Can you recommend one with similar features?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gunsmoke124

Anyone else with this issue, please visit stoltenbergs post on the MS forums and click "Had this question too" http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/bh-221-lumia-920-issues-with-playbac...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gunsmoke124

If you can find a Sony Ericsson MW600, it has similar features. Track information, up to 3 pairs and you can use your own headphones. I can't find them for sale anywhere anymore tho.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Stoltenberg

[ Edited ]

Hey, thank you very much for the suggestion. I found the Sony Ericsson MW600 on several norwegian and swedish webshops. I have now ordered it.

http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=550834

I will post a small review after testing it. If it works it is kind of embarassing for Nokia. A SonyE-product that works better than a Nokia product on a Nokia phone.

:smileyembarrassed: :smileyembarrassed: :smileyembarrassed: :smileyembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gunsmoke124

I picked up a Sony MW1. While I can't take advantage of all the features the device offers, the basics work flawlessly.

- Track information is displayed

- Music plays, without constantly having to be restarted from the phone

- Bluetooth call answering etc also works

Sorry Nokia, the second replacement BH-221 had the same issues as the first replacement and the original.

I've given my BH-221 to my wife who now uses it with her Nokia Lumia 800. No track information on this phone either, but playback is working fine.

Summary: BH-221 is NOT recommended for Lumia owners. Hope that a fix will eventually come out, but I'm not one to wait.

Confirmed to work: Sony MW600 and Sony MW1 (each may be sold as "Sony Ericsson" in some countries)

Please use plain text.
Tweet2

There is definately a fix required from Nokia to address these issues as it is definately a bluetooth problem, as I get the same issue with the Ford Connect system in the car - very frustrating!
Please use plain text.
Antiko

Hey, I'm using Nokia BH-221 & Lumia 820 and I have also the exact same problem: the playback fails whwn the song ends. It's very anoying. At first headset was working fine, I had only two albums on the phone but after adding two more albums those new ones started to pause. I think that those first two albums still play ok, very wierd. I believe that headset doesn't even show the song names anymore. Maybe it's same memory issue.

Can you reset the headset completly (factory reset)?

I from Finland but can't get any support for this issue, Nokia once it was finnish, so if anyone could help I would be great.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stoltenbergen

I promised a review after testing this Sony MW600 a while.

It works as it should, but because of its design I think BH-221 is better if it had been compatible with the Lumia 920.

The Sony MW600 does not have a HOLD-button, so if I have it in my pocket, I might sometimes experience that the buttons get pressed and adjust the volume or skips a song. This is of course a nuisance, but no problem if you use the clip. Sound, display, battery time and FM-radio is great.

Still very annoying that MICROSOFT won't reply to this and that NOKIA has not been active in this thread AT ALL.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Please use plain text.