Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: L920 & BH-221 Playback issues

Counsellor
delirii

Anyone from Nokia to come with some more information about this issue?!?

is there anybody here taking this problem into account?

Damned, a Nokia headset not working with a Nokia smartphone flagship... This shouldn't exist!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Illr

i wrote an email to Stephen Elop and he let the local support center contacted me.after i went and tested my lumia 820 and bh-221 in the support center, show them the issues, and let them tested with there own devices, bug showed everytime, then they told me to wait for there call.5 days passed, nobody contacted me like nokia just ignored me and my problem.

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi Illr,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Did you try to contact them and ask for any update regarding your case?

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Illr

yes,and i called the 4008800123 the day before yesterday , i told the staff that i want to speak to the girl who called me before by hotline, and he said he will let her know.2 days passed, my phone still quite.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fresnel

I also have exactly the same issues as the rest, its like it was never even tested properly before being placed on the market....incredible!

Nokia, speak up and sort this mess out, its €60 of tech I cannot use!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fresnel

SO I have just spoken to Nokia, I have good and bad news. The good news is the problem is with Microsoft and they have been informed by Nokia they need to fix this issue ASAP. The bad news is the expected fix date is in August!

So for me at least I will not return the headset as I think it still has the best functions etc for me.

I also found a quick fix for now. If you do a soft reset of your phone " volume down button and power on together" then the paired devices work perfectly, BUT as soon as you discount one of the devices and try to reconnect and use again the same old pause of the music problem is back.

What do they say about patience?!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
duncan0622

I raised the concern month ago. It exactly only happened with my BH-221 & Lumia 920 while they worked perfectly with other devices respectively. I reported to local nokia care, they confirmed me the problem and told me they would report to software support team. But at that moment, I didn't have their date for fixing but just asked me for patience...

I wished August is ultramatum. This problem annoys me everyday..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
efjay01

Can anyone who still has this headset please post an update when the Amber/GDR2 update hits their phone. Just bought a Reaction BH 907 and the Accessories app really makes the headset a joy to use, would like to have that experience with the 221 if it gets fixed. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tjcosta

I tested the 221 headset with amber update and the bug continues.
Sad....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
efjay01

Thanks for the update, thats too bad. Was hoping to use it but I guess I will stick with my Sony SBH50 which works fine with the 920.

Please use plain text.
spook93

I use a plantronic headset with my Lumia 920, and anytime i receive a call and it drops, my music starts playing, i would have to go to my music and turn it off, always.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fresnel

That is just unbelievable, and now I cannot return the 221, what a waste of €60.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TiMBNN78

Hello, I have bought the bh221 for my lumia 920.So I have the same problem like everyone else.Now I want to buy another headset.Is the sony sbh50 really full compatible with the 920?You said "I will stick with my sbh50" Why did you buy the bh221 if the sbh50 works fine? Other functions...?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
efjay01

TiMBNN78 wrote:
Hello, I have bought the bh221 for my lumia 920.So I have the same problem like everyone else.Now I want to buy another headset.Is the sony sbh50 really full compatible with the 920?You said "I will stick with my sbh50" Why did you buy the bh221 if the sbh50 works fine? Other functions...?

I never bought the 221, just expressing that I would stick with it over getting a 221 headset. As for functions, it works as expected, streams fine, have caller id, music id, and ff/rew/play/pause works fine. There is a problem, which looks like its on the 920's side, where if you pause music it disappears from the music controls, but that happened with my MW600 as well so its more a BT stack problem and not the headset.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
efjay01

Posters on the microsoft forum are reporting that the gdr3 preview has fixed the issues, anyone here try it yet?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
delirii

Anyone using GDR3 to confirm (or not) that the issue is finally gone ?

Please use plain text.