Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

LUMIA 520 earphone compatibility

Registered Member
sdilipfeb

LUMIA 520 earphone compatibility

I tried using my sennheiser earphones on the LUMIA 520 to listen to music and it literally sucks!!! the bass is very feeble.

However, when i tried using JBL earphones, the sound quality is fantastic.

Anyone planning to buy good earphones for the LUMIA 520, please beware of this. Do not buy sennheiser earphones for this model.

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Re: LUMIA 520 earphone compatibility

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Note that the Lumia 520 is compatible with AHJ wired headsets. To see the difference with other headsets, check the attachment for the diagram. You can also check the link below for other supported accessories:

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessories/?action=accessorysearch&product=2204302

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

This is not true to brand all types from one manufacturers portfolio to be uncompatable.

For your info i have a pair of senns that work perfectly fine with all my lumias.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

also bear in mind that the 520 does not have Dolby Headphone audio enhancement as the other WP8 Lumia's in Nokia's portfolio do.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hansain

I lost the earphone that came in the box so I bought Nokia Headset WH-205 which Iis not at all compatible. please suggest which one to buy for listening to music as well as attending calls
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nokia Stereo Headset WH-108 Is the one.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

[ Edited ]

I agree with jimmyireland - it doesn't really make sense to declare an entire brand of headphones no good for a particular phone based on trying just one model.

As it happens, I use Sennheiser IE4 earbuds when I'm running and the bass is far from feeble.  In fact it's a bit too powerful, but that's another story. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomkav79

Can anyone help. I just bought a Lumia 520 and I'm looking for a decent set of headphones. These Sennheiser buds, where can I get them, in a normal music store or from a phone shop and how much are they. By the way, I live in Dublin so any shop suggestions would have to be there! Not hugely knowledged about phones, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

Hi.  You'd find Sennheiser IE4's at a music shop (a shop for musicians, not a record shop) .  You could also get them online from, say,  http://www.thomann.de/ie/ or www.studiospares.com.  Around €70, so a bit more than most consumer models but I bought myself some as we use them at work so I knew they sounded good and they seem to be much less fragile than cheaper ones.

Slightly reluctant to recommend them for the Lumia 520 unless you like powerful bass, as they're a bit bass heavy and (so far) Nokia hasn't given us an equaliser to turn it down. (Hint, hint.  Please, Nokia. :smileyhappy: )

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alexng

Any one know is lumia 920 support beats tour talk control earphone?
Please use plain text.
CannonFodder

It all depends on the impedance of the headphones, my Sennheisers are 300 ohm and only work when plugged into an amplifier.  I have a set a hifiman ear buds that are 150 ohm and work fine on a dedicated mp3 player, but sound anemic otherwise.   My Grado 32 ohm impedance headphones work fine no matter what.  Check the specs on the headphones, the same manufacturer can have phones or buds that go anywhere from 8 ohms to 600 ohms.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SujoyMz

JBL Tempo headphones are best with 520......its a completely different experience with it

Please use plain text.
Kandy13

Hey guys!! Is the JBL tempo (J04)over the ear headphone compatible with the L520?? The stock earphones are not good so is the J04 compatible with Lumia 520??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jitendra814

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

guys i have nokia wh 205 headphones but its nt works proprly with L-520

, is it due to incompatiblity????????????

Please use plain text.