Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

LUMIA 800 GPS SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING

luisillons

LUMIA 800 GPS SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING

Hi,

I´ve been with the Lumia 800 for a month now. The GPS doesn´t work anymore. don´t have a clue what´s hapennig, but i know I´m not the only one with this isssue, there´s another person in xda forums that has the same issue.

I have a data plan, and the GPS does not lock anymore in any app, the phone locates itself by the antennas, but not by the gps. Can´t find directions in Bing Maps since it says "My location is not available"

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: LUMIA 800 GPS SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING

[ Edited ]

Hi Iuisillons, Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

When trying to get a GPS fix, please consider the following:
• No object must cover the GPS antenna
•GPS does not work in buildings (move outdoors into an open space; houses
or surrounding obstacles might block GPS)
•If the weather conditions are bad, the signal strength may also be affected
•Be patient, as the time to get the first fix might take a while
•Stay at one spot until a position is found and do not move the receiver

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RockEviltwin

[ Edited ]

I also had the problem several times that GPS suddenly stopped working in all apps. After a restart of the phone it worked again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Sheldrick wrote:

Check positioning settings (Settings> General > Positioning >Positioning methods; path can vary) and allow Assisted GPS positioning method by setting the check mark.

Whilst second paragraph pertinent to all GPS equipped devices, first paragraph is not really applicable to Nokia Lumia 800 which bears little resemblance to Symbian setup and you can only ensure that "Location services" are ON and "Data connection" is ON

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
luisillons

Thanks for your answer, but already knew that and tried it.

GPS worked excellent before it just refused to do so, locking in seconds.

Do you know if the future update will solve this problem? or is this a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.