Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lightning bolt and Small Cog Wheel

Eljon
Accepted Solution

Lightning bolt and Small Cog Wheel

Hey

I just bought Lumia 720 and unfortunatelly first boot didn't work. Phone showed Nokia logo for a few seconds and then went to Lightning Bolt with small cog wheel and it shows that for over hour!!! Nothing happens else. Phone haven't started even once. What that thing is and what to do about it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Lightning bolt and Small Cog Wheel

Try this Reset : Press Power + Volume(down) keys until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds). See if it switches ON ..

If not wait till the Battery is completely drained. Then connect the charger .. Leave it for about an hour and see if it has switched ON on its own .. Else try the reset once again ..

Please use plain text.
Eljon

wow. after almost 3 h my phone decided to switch on. the most strange boot i've ever seen :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ateeqimran

Can anyone tell what those signs mean ??

I am having this issue with my Lumia 520 can't seem to get out of it.

Tried soft reset and all ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hiralshah169

Dear Nokia support team

I am a customer from India, Mumbai. I bought Nokia Lumia 520 on 3rd August 2013 from the authorised dealer - Zoop, <<owner being Harshad bhai>> , at Charni Road, No - 66331075.

As on 29th September 2013, which is close to less than 2 months, my phone went dead. As in, Only the logo of Nokia appears and pursuant to that two white cog wheels appear to be spin on the phone screen. It does not go ahead of the same. the battery is alwyas empty and I charge it, it becomes too hot. and the cog wheels appear again. I vchecked on your website and saw that this is a problem prevalent with many nokia lumia series phones and the solution is to go to customer care centre. However, when I went to the customer care center in Anajli Building at Opera House in Mumbai, they said that the phone will not be covered under warranty period and they will charge extra and that the motherboard is tampered, when it has not been tampered by anyone. They refused to help me and gave me an ultimatum that I either pay extra or my phone is dead. I have one warranty on, why should I pay extra.

Further, when I went to my authorised dealer, instead of helping me he decided to play a blame game and decided to mock me, I dont know if he is responsible for selling tampered products. Maybe you'll can check into the same and check whether the dealer is doing right or is a screwball and engaged into illegal practices.

Please help me. I need my phone back in shape as it is my office phone and I have emails and contacts on the same which are very very precious to me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

hiralshah169 - This being a User-to-User Forum ..suggest you to contact Nokia India on 080-30303838 [Working Hours - 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Monday-Sunday, including public holidays)]. Hope you get a favourable assistance from them. 

BTW, If your phone is with you, what you can try is let the battery die completely. Then remove the SIM and put the phone on charging. Wait for upto a couple of hours and see if it switches ON normally...or at leat the Battery charging icon in display. If so, try a reset : Press Power + Volume(down) keys until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds).  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sgthank

you certainly know what you are talking about,it worked straight away.thank you.ray

Please use plain text.
rhaine

Hi im also an owner of a lumia 720 for almost a year now.and ive experience plenty of troubles like yours.and what im asking now, why is the product like this?or should it be the quality of the product is like this?

Why do the costumer to suffer in these troubles from the product.Please explain it to us Nokia / Microsoft we bought your product eventhough its expesive because we know that the quality of Nokia is good but what happening ryt now in your product is not right and just..

Please use plain text.