Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 1020 Bluetooth problems

Advisor
hotreeds
Accepted Solution

Lumia 1020 Bluetooth problems

My new 1020 will not maintain Bluetooth connectivity. It disconnects every few seconds. Sometimes it reconnects immediately, other times the only solution is a soft reset. I have had problems with freezing almost since I had the phone. Usually resolved by waiting for the phone to reboot.
This is really disappointing when the phone is such an amazing (and expensive!) piece of kit. Particularly since I use a Bluetooth headset quite a lot.
I get the impression that there is a firmware update available, but when I check for updates, I get the message that my phone is up to date. I am on Vodafone (UK). Maybe they need a nudge.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 1020 Bluetooth problems

hi mate, there was a 3050 firmware update pushed to the Lumia 1020 about a month and a half ago, that was an update to the firmware shipping with the device. also check that you are up to date with the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store too. failing that, try performing a hard reset.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotreeds

I keep trying to download the update but it keeps telling me my phone is up to date.
It isn't. My firmware is 3049. Is a hard reset the only answer? Will it definitely do the trick? I don't want to have to reload all my stuff unnecessarily.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i'd say its Vodafone's fault that they haven't pushed the update. it is a nice update, but i wouldn't be too concerned about it at the moment. Lumia Black is coming, so stay tuned for that. otherwise, if you cannot wait, there is the option of hard resetting. wish there was another way but sadly this does not appear to be the case mate.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kleo1712

I have an international (sim free) lumia 1020. I am from Cyprus. I also have the 3049 firmware with the message "your phone is up to date" . If I can not have that update, how can I have the black update, or any other firmware updates?
Does the hard reset solve the update problem?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Lumia Black is expected to be made available worldwide in early 2014, but for example, AT&T customers with a 1020 have the Lumia Black just been made available to them. This signals that the international release isn't too far away.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
grillmaster

I can tell you Black does NOT work mine actually became worse not better. I have 3 headsets Jawbone ICON HD, Pantronics Voyager and Motorola. All exhibit this constant connect/disconnect issue. Frankly it is why I bought the 1020 because my E63 does the same thing. I am thinking Nokia cannot get anything straight for BT. Frankly very disappointed in Nokia. May sell this and go Android or Apple Nokia no help BTW all they tell me is I have to use a Nokia Headset.

Please use plain text.
jonhamil

I have exactly the same problem. Am using a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset.

Have heard from multiple sources that they tell you to go and buy a Nokia headset. If their headsets are anything like their phones then you might as well burn your money.

Their support tells me to send the phone back to them which is bloody pointless becuase it is a software issue not a hardware one - as we  have all seen.

Am very close to giving up and going over to iPhone. It is only the camera quality that is keeping me with the 1020 for now. Am a heavy BT user and would really expect some kind of Software testing from a company like Nokia.

It's like they're rushed out the firmware without bothering to check things like Bluetooth. The BT 3.0 is a defined standard. If their phone complied with it and worked properly there wouldn''t be a problem.

This is definitely a Nokia issue and thier attitude is disgusting. Perhaps we should all vent our frustration on FB and twitter - that seems to be the best way to get manufacturers to actully take some notice of their customers these days...

Please use plain text.
jonhamil

P.s. to this. Just got off a live chat with Nokia. As expected, they asked me to post my phone back to them. I refused and asked their engineers to do their job properly. Apparently this is being fed back to the engineering team but no idea when the next update is out or if it will even address this problem.

I'm going to give it 2 weeks and if it is not sorted the phone goes on eBay.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Niffty1

I have the 1020 with firmware version 3051 and I can not connect bluetooth to an asus T100TA tablet buit I can connect to several different hands free car kits. the T100TA will connect to my hands free kit that I got with the phone, I also have the same problem with the Lumia 925 and tablet.

Anybody got any ideas how to solve this as I need the connection with the tablet otherwise I will get rid of the phone and go with IPhones and tablet for work.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Niffty1

ok a bit more info for everybody with this problem.

when I got to work today I opened a HP Laptop that has windows XP and connected my phone via blluetooth and again after a couple of seconds it disconnected but when I tried to share a photo xp I got  a message asking if I wanted to accept the file transfer, so it re- connected bluetooth for the file transfer.

which leaves me with the problem of why the ASUS T100TA tablet with windows 8 comes up with the message the device does not support sharing via bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GeorgeReel

Hello

I have sama bluetooth problem. My phone is Lumia 1020, WindowsPhone 8.0. Hardware is 3051. After rebooting phone bluetooth connect nicely. But my Nokia bluetooth headset disconnect after one or two hour. I have also VW Phone at my car. After rebooting phone it will connect nicely and connection stays well hours. But it is disconneted it will not connect again without booting phone.

So I am waiting for Windows Phone update version 8.1. When it will be available in Finland to Lumia 1020? I use DNA sim. Thank you for a quick answer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Fero112

Hello

I have the same bluetooth problem. My phone is Lumia 1020, WindowsPhone 8.0. My Nokia bluetooth headset disconnect very often. I have handsfree VW Phone at my car. After rebooting phone it will connect, but after some minutes  Lumia 1020 disconected. Phone will not connect again without rebooting phone.

Nokia, help me please!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokias webshite is of curse loudly silent on this issue - why hide from a problem?

it's better to tell the truth so we don't waste time trying to do something the sodding phone won't do. They can tell us when the spotty geeks have fixed it.

My phone won't do cable connection either - it's pathetic

abelljms
Please use plain text.
Advisor

not the solution
abelljms
Please use plain text.