Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 1020 - Tint too green (not as nice as 920)

Registered Member
sumanch

Lumia 1020 - Tint too green (not as nice as 920)

I bought a Lumia 1020 and already have a 920. I bought the 1020 for the camera, but I've found the screen is not as precisely colored as the 920. I noticed in the Lumia display+touch offers the ability to adjust the temperature and the saturation, but not the tint. The tint on the AMOLED screen is definitely greener than on the 920 and ends up looking a little like one of the cheaper Samsung devices.

FEATURE REQUEST:

This could be easily fixed by adding a Tint slider to the display+touch app in settings.

Thoughts? This is bad enough for me to want to return the phone and just wait for the software to come out for my 920.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Lumia 1020 - Tint too green (not as nice as 920)

Unfortunately, AMOLED screens are prone to some sort of tint or other and that is just the nature of AMOLED screens. I've seen some on other devices with yellow, blue and pink tints. The tint on your 1020 will be more noticable when you compare its screen to that of your 920's LCD. 

If the green tint is pronounced enough to be unbearable then you always have the option of taking it back to the store you got it from for a replacement.

Please use plain text.
Eckerlin

Re: Lumia 1020 - Tint too green (not as nice as 920)

[ Edited ]

My main problem with the green tint in the photos shot with my Lumia 1020 is ***NOT*** the screen of the Lumia 1020. Even If I download the photos to my PC, the green in the Photos shot with my LUMIA 1020 is over-saturated on my PC Monitor.

Just one of the examples of my  problem with the green: just afer buying the Lumia 1020, I shot in November photos in the gold-colored autums forests..... and the gold leafs of the trees are nearly green on the photos.

Of course, I could try to set manually the White Balance or could use a Photo-Editing software like Photoshop Elements to work around that problem. But in 2013 or 2014, I expect that with the default settings of a relatively expensive device (e.g. the Lumia 1020) most photos will not need to be corrected with a Photo Editing Software (or with things like manual settings of the White Balance)  because of the same problem (i.e. the over-saturation of the green ).

I am a little bit disappointed about this problem. Because one of my two main reasons to buy the Lumia 1020 was its photo quality reputation.

Hoping that this green tint problem will get solved.

Please use plain text.