Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 1020 lock screen

Registered Member
dant1020

Lumia 1020 lock screen

Just got my 1020. Love it.

But can't figure out how to disable the lock screen and the max timeout is 5 min.

I like to leave it plugged in on my desk all day and don't like keeping to have to unlock it. I prefer to lock it manually.

My 920 had "Never" as a timeout option. Why doesn't the 1020?

Please use plain text.
lantern20

Re: Lumia 1020 lock screen

I would like to see this option for my 820.  I only have the options for 30sec, 1min, 3min or 5min.  Sitting plugged in at my desk, I would really like having the "never" option.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
John_IV

Bump, I just got the 1020 today and I was crestfallen to see that coming from the 920 I no longer have '30 mins.' and 'never' for the lock screen timeout. :smileysad:

Who controls this? AT&T or Nokia?

I have a feeling they (?) have done this because this screen is an AMOLED which may be more prone to burn in (I saw this burn in on my prior second gen. Focus S for the circular audio controls). The Focus S also only had 5 mins. as the max.

John IV
http://www.mameui.info
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

not sure what the rationale behind the settings is, but you can leave feedback over at http://windowsphone.uservoice.com also.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.