Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 1020 screen locked for 287 days

Counsellor
Hristo

Lumia 1020 screen locked for 287 days

Hello.. I bought this Lumia 1020 more than a month ago and I have this frisky touchscreen which others have too.

It makes random ghost inputs and leaves the phone unusable till it ends... I have this everyday.. sometimes for one, two, three, four times its just random and the length of the phone's own show is random too. Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iCtDrEVozU

and this defect of the phone caused me another problem which is the lock screen locked for  414234 minutes...

Here's the scenario.. the phone has security for trying to guess the lock code and when you type the wrong code a few times in a row the time of the screen be locked keeps bumping... and as I showed above those ghost inputs just did it for me, the wrong inputs of my own code so the first time I had to wait 1 minute, then 2 minutes, 4, 8 minutes and the time kept multiplying so I had to make soft reset which obviously messes up with my regional time and now the phone is locked for 414234 minutes... I need it... does Nokia have some debug software.... how to go through this ? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 1020 screen locked for 287 days

try turnign the screen sensitivity to Normal. there was a firmware update issued for unbranded 1020's that was the 3050 update that did resolve this issue mostly.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Before you can update the device or change any of the settings ...Refer Message 5 & 6 in THIS thread which seems to be the only solution to come out of the Lock screen problem ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hristo

Bypassing the deletion of all my phone usage and data I need it prerogative. This is not a solution, this is a messive excuse for a nuisance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

As soon as you set up your default MS account on the handset after hard reset you will have your contacts, calendar and SMS messages restored and your apps available for reinstall. Any other content backed up to Skydrive will also be restored - photos, documents, notes, etc. You will lose some settings and your home screen setup, which is a minor nuisance compared to waiting 287 days. Even if you take it to Nokia Care (which you should have probably done earlier, when you noticed the ghost input issue), they will do exactly the same.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hristo

I do not wanted to give up on that phone so had to be sure it's occuring everyday but now I know it's not false alarm. Probably had to turn it back immedeatly... the most important things to me were a couple of video and photo files cuz my doing is photo and videography fortunately at this moment the lost files won't bring me that much trouble but this must be eliminated by the software team as situatuin.. separte counter of that minutes but not bound to the phone's date. I will perform hard reset :smileymad: .. thank you amigos

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Is this keypad lock out thing new because I never had it happen to me before until recently. I know I was able to enter a wrong PIN over and over nothing happened. Recently I gave the phone to my daughter to use the kids corner and it came back locked for 15mins. She's had it many time and that had never happened so it must be something new.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Hristo wrote:

I do not wanted to give up on that phone so had to be sure it's occuring everyday but now I know it's not false alarm. Probably had to turn it back immedeatly... the most important things to me were a couple of video and photo files cuz my doing is photo and videography fortunately at this moment the lost files won't bring me that much trouble but this must be eliminated by the software team as situatuin.. separte counter of that minutes but not bound to the phone's date. I will perform hard reset :smileymad: .. thank you amigos

Set up automatic backup to Skydrive for photos, works perfectly for me. Videos might be too large for Skydrive, I personally transfer mine to PC as soon as I can.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hristo

Add button for unsatisfied threads, don't only send propositions to accept as solution something. Solution still needed for hundread if not thousands of us.
Please use plain text.