Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 Problems

Contributor
vikas1947

Lumia 520 Problems

Automatic Shutdown and do not Re-start until battery is removed and re-inserted with Nokia Lumia 520

One day I was using my Lumia 520 to see time than I put it on the table and after 15 minutes when I accessed mobile I found that it was switched off, since then this thing has happened 7-8 times. To restart my phone Nokia Lumia 520 each time I have to remove the battery and re-insert it. This is very annoying since it switch off automatically any time you don’t know and hence you will not receive any call because you think that tour mobile is ON, but actually it is OFF.

And one more problem is with Speech software which is only recognizing call and calendar command and not recognizing NOTE and TEXT command.

One day I was using my Lumia 520 to see time than I put it on the table and after 15 minutes when I accessed mobile I found that it was switched off, since then this thing has happened 7-8 times. To restart my phone Nokia Lumia 520 each time I have to remove the battery and re-insert it. This is very annoying since it switch off automatically any time you don’t know and hence you will not receive any call because you think that tour mobile is ON, but actually it is OFF.

And one more problem is with Speech software which is only recognizing call and calendar command and not recognizing NOTE and TEXT command.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vikas1947

Re: Lumia 520 Problems

One more thing how to update a faulty update manually, is their is such thing like by which phone can be updated via PC again when update is faulty

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

if you believe your update has been unsuccessful and you are still experiencing problems even after a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone, and that you need to backup everything first to PC and/or online storage), then you will need to take your phone to your nearest Nokia Care point for inspection.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vikas1947

The problem is as this - phone automatically shut-down any time and need battery and memory card to be removed and reinserted, If phone do not restart then charger is needed to insert and remove 2-3 times them after this rigorous work phone might start.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi again,

sorry to hear you are still experiencing problems. as i said, you will need to take your phone to Nokia Care now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sgt3355

I must just be extremely unlucky! I bought a Lumia 520 last November (2013) and I am now on my 3rd and soon to be 4th unit, all being defective. First one the on/off switch failed within 2 months, the second would turn itself off sitting on a desk and the one I have now when I receive or send a call the screen goes blank (and the only way to end the call is to remove the battery!!)  :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Sorry to learn that, Sgt3355. Let's try to troubleshoot your phone before sending it for repair. This may be basic but can you check if you have a protective covering on your phone? This may activate your phone's proximity sensor, which explains your concern.

If you have none, make sure that your phone is up-to-date. You can visit this link on how to update your WP8 device: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

Updating your system apps might also help you. You can scan the codes here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082

Keep us posted.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dinnroel

My phone is not starting i tried pressing the volume down and lock key but it shows up nokia and then blue screen and it got shut down itself....please help!
Please use plain text.
zooter001

Hi Dinnroel,

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

To verify, the model of your phone is Lumia 520, right? Were you able to update the software of the phone prior to the issue? Also, have you tried connecting the phone to the Nokia wall charger to see if there's any difference? If doing so didn't help, we suggest using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. You may refer to this link: http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987. Please note that the link is for UK support page, you may have to check for the tool by visiting your local support page: http://www.nokia.com/global/wayfinder/.

We'll be waiting for your feedback.

Please use plain text.