Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 bluetooth

Dogmax

Lumia 520 bluetooth

Hi

I am having difficulty pairing my lumia 520 to other bluetooth devices. I can pair to them but they all loose the pairing after 3-4 seconds. has anyone else got the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Lumia 520 bluetooth

Depends on the remote device and the service (Bluetooth Profiles) it offers. Which device(s) did you try?

Please use plain text.
Dogmax

I have tried Honda HFT in the car, Nokia N8 phone and my I-mac computer, they have all been recognised and can all be connected, but they all dissconnect after about 4 seconds. I have seen a video on you tube showing someone with exactly the same problem and wondered if it was an issue with windows phones. (according to Honda the lumia 520 is compatable to my car). How do I find out the bluetooth profiles?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Normally, ‘Connected’ is shown for some seconds, because the devices query the profiles from each other. For this, a connection is required, only for this.

Nokia N8

What happens, when you send over a file, does that work?

Apple iMac

System Preferences » Sharing » Bluetooth » not ‘Never allow’.

You cannot use your Apple as headset. Therefore again, what happens, when you send over a file, does that work?

Honda Hands Free Telephone

Which vehicle, vehicle year?

Please use plain text.
Dogmax

It is a Honda CRV, year is 2012 with built in telephone system and sat nav. I never had any problems with my Nokia N8.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Do you get that question on your phone?

Dogmax wrote:

I never had any problems with my Nokia N8.

Unfortunately, that does not say anything because there are several protocols to sync a phonebook. According to Johnson Controls (Honda supplier) your phone should do. Where are you contacts from, did you import them from SkyDrive or Google or …?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Dogmax wrote:

I have tried my I-mac computer, they have all been recognised and can all be connected, but they all dissconnect after about 4 seconds.

With regards your iMac once you have input pairing code your 520 should be listed if you click on Bluetooth icon in toolbar and if you click on it there is option to send file to 520. Conversely if you select say photo and then tap three dot icon at bottom right > share > Bluetooth > your iMac should be listed: Screen Shot 2013 08 09 at 11 21 09

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Dogmax

I tried sending a file from my imac as you suggested and it came up "the file transfer failed:forbidden". Is there something in the phone that needs to be set?

Please use plain text.