Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 - can't enter access point

Contributor
Harrie16

Lumia 520 - can't enter access point

Hello,

My nokia lumia 520 won't enter access point.

I go to Settings -  than access point. The phone opens it for a second or someting en then goes

back to the settings menu. My SIM card is good.

Who can help me solving this issue?

Sorry for my bad English

Greetz Harrie

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Lumia 520 - can't enter access point

Check for updates for the Access Point fw app using the link below. Install if update is available and see if that resolves your issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Harrie16

Thanks for the link

But it didn't help is there something else that i can try??

Harrie

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Is this 520 a generic SIM free version or network branded one which has been SIM unlocked?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Harrie16

It is a network branden en it isn't unlocked

I have it now for a week

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Then that might explain it. Some branded version have they ability to add access points blocked by the operator for obvious reasons. You might want to contacvt them about this. 

If you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for wanting to do get into access points if your phone is sim locked?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Harrie16

I want to enter it because the operator can't do an automaticly setup on my phone.

I have te set the settings myself with the online manual from the operator.

I did trie to do that but i can't enter access point

But thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kateharv

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 on Orange and It will no longer let me send photo messages or recieve them.

I have rang the network and they have said its something to do with my phone settings. I have been through the Nokia tech support instructions and it tells me to go into settings and select access point from the settings.

I do not have an option for access point? why is this?

help!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

Hello, Kateharv. What's the current version of your phone's SW? Do you get any error message when sending or receiving picture messages? Are you able to use other network services like calling or sending SMS?

The availability of certain apps depends on your region, on the phone's variant, on its software version, or on the network. You can try scanning the Access Point QR code from this link and see if you'll be able to download the app on your phone: Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates. After this, you can ask for the right MMS settings from Orange and see if you'll be able to successfully send and receive picture messages.

Let us know how it will go. BTW, welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions! :cathappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.